BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking into options for upgraded light in the front. Only could find options for led bulb replacement or the additional of auxiliary lightening until I came across this. Wondering if anyone would have experience our would have purchased the full headlight assembly. There doesn’t seem to many options for a full headlight led upgrade. This one does look impressive.

·
Registered
129 Posts
better be impressive, at $780usd it is over $200 more expensive than the original BMW headlight.
it was not easy to find it for sale someplace so they are not very interested in selling them.

could be due to the impending full scale war with China though.

·
Registered
27 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Found here:

https://www.lazada.com.my/YIAALUX/?from=search_history&q=G%20310%20GS

search left side 'Brands' by Yiaalux!

RM 1499

don't know, if shipping to US or Europe is possible and how much it costs

Price = RM 1499 = 187,85 Euro or 216,32 US-Dollar

Not legally in Germany, no sign of the KBA (Kraftfahrtbundesamt*) or EU on the glass :frown2:
???

*The Federal Bureau of Motor Vehicles and Drivers

·
Registered
29 Posts
@Gtown
This is definitely interesting - I wasn't too interested in just putting in an LED bulb replacement, so a full assembly replacement was something I wanted to see. This feels like a step in the right direction, but I imagine this is not going to be DOT compliant (which may be a issue for me, personally).

If a company can pull off a full LED assembly that is DOT compliant and sell it here in the states for as close to the same price as the stock halogen ... hmm.

Looking forward to seeing where this goes!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Found here:

https://www.lazada.com.my/YIAALUX/?from=search_history&q=G%20310%20GS

search left side 'Brands' by Yiaalux!

RM 1499

don't know, if shipping to US or Europe is possible and how much it costs

Price = RM 1499 = 187,85 Euro or 216,32 US-Dollar

Not legally in Germany, no sign of the KBA (Kraftfahrtbundesamt*) or EU on the glass :frown2:
???

*The Federal Bureau of Motor Vehicles and Drivers
Hi Toldi,
It's nice to see the info in English (Chinese is my third language).

I can see an additional info that the original Chinese site doesn't mention:
Power rating: 105W ( DRL 10W + LOW BEAM 45W + HIGH BEAM 30W + auxiliary light 20 w )
I don't know which is the aux light, though. However, this shows a good sign of importability in other countries; at least in Malaysia.

One possible correction is, since the site is for Malaysia, currency RM should be interpreted as Malaysian Ringgit (MYR). Where 1499MYR=360USD.

·
Registered
27 Posts
@Toldi,

I found their shop in AliExpress but they don't list THE head light assembly so far.
When it becomes available to export to some countries, a brave might challenge to install one on his GS/R:grin2:

Technically, I'm concerned about glare at the edge of the projected beam pattern. I don't believe that the unit is street legal in many countries in this setup. I hope that the DOT, e/E-Mark certified full LED head light assembly can be obtained someday at a competitive price.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have spent way to much time chasing this light around in a circle.
YIAALUX makes this light, they also make a headlight for the F800GS. I have found that F800GS light listed as Yongjin and as Dangang and can buy from site that ships to US but those other two do not list the 310 headlight.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@Gtown
This is definitely interesting - I wasn't too interested in just putting in an LED bulb replacement, so a full assembly replacement was something I wanted to see. This feels like a step in the right direction, but I imagine this is not going to be DOT compliant (which may be a issue for me, personally).

If a company can pull off a full LED assembly that is DOT compliant and sell it here in the states for as close to the same price as the stock halogen ... hmm.

Looking forward to seeing where this goes!
Yes I would agree that I would want it DOT approved before purchase.

I'm sure we will see similar products in the future. Besides - I have other accessory purchases to make before I start changing OEM parts. :laugh:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have spent way to much time chasing this light around in a circle.
YIAALUX makes this light, they also make a headlight for the F800GS. I have found that F800GS light listed as Yongjin and as Dangang and can buy from site that ships to US but those other two do not list the 310 headlight.
The YouTube video on the light was only posted three days (probably why we are still in the dark on this). >:) Sorry - just had to go there. Likely so new that it hasn't made it to a larger buyer/seller group like AliExpress. I'll keep my eye out for this one or similar product to see if becomes available.

Really like the potential of upgrading the stock light with LED. Think most would of us would agree that the OEM light is adequate on low beam but pretty much crap on high beam. Wonder if an LED replacement would help with the vibrating light show!

·
Registered
159 Posts
The lights are one and the same, only the mountings change.

Different lights would make no sense design and production wise (It's supposed to be a low cost bike !)

RobertB

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Different lights would make no sense design and production wise (It's supposed to be a low cost bike !)

RobertB
I get that it’s a low cost bike but there comes a point where low costs shouldn’t trump safety. I think BMW missed the mark here. The light on the bike is terrible on high beam not to mention the shaking. A few extra dollars on purchase price for a light that you can see is money well spent in my books. Those anti-lock breaks aren’t going to help much if you can’t see what’s in front of you to stop.

·
Registered
125 Posts

RobertB
I get that it’s a low cost bike but there comes a point where low costs shouldn’t trump safety. I think BMW missed the mark here. The light on the bike is terrible on high beam not to mention the shaking. A few extra dollars on purchase price for a light that you can see is money well spent in my books. Those anti-lock breaks aren’t going to help much if you can’t see what’s in front of you to stop.

I don't ride at night, so brakes come first.... ABS are great in rain.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts