BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
although the overall quality of the 310 is decent for bmw standards, i am a bit disappointed with the quality of the plastics, especially on the front end of the bike. i haven't done any serious off road riding yet, but even dirt roads seem to "challenge" the light assembly. i am a bit frustrated because i intend to do some off road use (when the radiator cover arrives from RR products), anyone else has noticed anything similar? is by any chance, my light fixture faulty or such a thing happens? maybe there are ways to make the plastic parts more sturdy (maybe use some rubber grommets and extra screws, "hidden" somehow...)

·
Registered
151 Posts
i haven't done any serious off road riding yet, but even dirt roads seem to "challenge" the light assembly. i am a bit frustrated because i intend to do some off road use (when the radiator cover arrives from RR products), anyone else has noticed anything similar? is by any chance, my light fixture faulty or such a
On the GS it is by design. You can tighten the two bolts a little each side of the headlight housing to lessen the ‘wobble’ if it concerns you.

It’s like this to protect the light bulb from the jarring shocks that occur when off road. On the R the headlight assembly is more fixed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts