BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm just outside Columbus Ohio, I have Nationwide insurance, I pay 217 a year for full coverage with $500/$1000 deductible on comp/collision. That includes roadside assistance, and $3,000 in custom gear coverage and OEM parts for repair.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Northern Virginia (fringe DC Metro area). Progressive Insurance @ $94/year full coverage. 2 other bikes on the policy.
72 year old male, 55 years riding.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Registration for one year $63cdn + insurance $460cdn = $523cdn all in, full coverage.
Well just got my renewal, went down to $328 CDN plus the $63 annual registration fee for a total of $391.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I took a screenshot of my policy coverage/cost with State Farm. I'm 24, married, and combo'd it with renters insurance and insurance for my truck. One speeding ticket two years ago.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
2018 G310GS in Las Vegas, NV
34yo single male
Paying $242/yr with GEICO.
$500 deductible
$50,000/$100,000 bodily injury
$20,000 property damage
$25,000/$50,000 uninsured motorist
$3000 custom part coverage
Towing and Roadside Assistance

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
I have two bikes (the 310 plus my C 650 Sport) on one policy with Geico, liability only, costs $522 per year. I am 57, no accidents but a foreign driver's license so whatever that does, and live in Los Angeles

·
Registered
140 Posts
One of your posts indicates NYC. I am in Southwestern PA.

Full coverage with Allstate as bikes have loans. Deductibles 250/500. Total price for two bikes for 1 year is $363.00 I am in mid 50's. State min on liability + stacked under/uninsured

2014 KTM RC390 = $ 140.00 and 2018 BMW G310GS = $223.00

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm paying about $1,400 a year. 27 y/o male with no prior motorcycle experience. Clean driving record. Residence in Soho (Manhattan). $1,000 deductible for collision/theft. Minimum liability required in New York State.

Progressive wrote the policy

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just paid $183.00 US for complete coverage to Dairyland Ins. I live in central Maine.:smile2:
I am 69, clean driving record.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi folks,

I have a BMW G310R here in Thailand , from new the dealer supplied full insurance cover.

Now I need to renew the insurance soon, but the premiums here in Thailand are insane.

The cheapest full cover I can get for a carefull rider with no accidents is;

2018 BMWG310R valued at $4500 usd , $700 usd, I pay first $1000 of a claim!!!

I would like to think Motorad Thailand can organise some sensible cover!

·
Super Moderator
930 Posts
Hi folks,

I have a BMW G310R here in Thailand , from new the dealer supplied full insurance cover.

Now I need to renew the insurance soon, but the premiums here in Thailand are insane.

The cheapest full cover I can get for a carefull rider with no accidents is;

2018 BMWG310R valued at $4500 usd , $700 usd, I pay first $1000 of a claim!!!

I would like to think Motorad Thailand can organise some sensible cover!
Is that through the BMW dealer?

My dealer was able to get me insurance at less than half what I could get from other insurers, AU$280 per year, AU$500 excess, AU$20M third party coverage, AU$7,000 coverage for the bike and AU$4,000 for riding gear.

One reason that the insurance is so low is that the bike has ABS. Apparently bikes with ABS are 20-30% less likely to be involved in accidents. Another reason is that I have selected 8,000km or less per year of riding, if I approach more I have to inform the insurance company and have to pay an additional premium.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Just been researching my insurance as its due for renewal in couple of weeks.
Here in UK I've used Motorcycle News (MCN Compare), Bike insurer and Comparethemarket.com to get my quotes.
Fully comprehensive, including commuting, me as only rider and 90 days free foreign travel.
Carol Nash insurance £77.17 for the year. Which is exactly half what my current insurance provider (Bennetts) quoted for me to continue their cover.
In UK there seems to be a kind of 'lazy tax', if you continue with same company year on year the premium you pay just goes up and up. Insurance companies work on fact that its easier for people to just keep staying with same firm, but you will pay for it........
When you question your renewal price and give them a price you have quoted it is always the same answer ''that is for new customers''
Same for any insurance in UK - car, home, pet etc.
They will always try and persuade you to buy add ons, like Recovery - do you need that on a vehicle under warranty ? helmet and leathers cover - is that really a must ?
Oh don't make the mistake I've done in the past, they always ask for your contact telephone number, if you give your correct one guaranteed you will get inundated with sales calls. Just get a digit accidentally wrong !
This is a UK based racket, I'm sure other countries will be on the same kind of racket, if not now it soon will be.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts