·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, I'm happy to report I figured it out. I'm pleased with the end result. It brought my handlebars back and up. Nothing dramatic but it is more comfortable for me. A few notes for anyone interested:

Tools needed:
  • 6 mm allen wrench
  • 7 mm allen wrench
  • 17 mm socket on a short handle

Here's a pic of the original handlebar attachment:

Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

You have to remove all 4 bolts (noted above in the pic) with a 6 mm allen wrench. After doing so, you have to remove two bolts that hold down the bottom clamp using a 7 mm allen wrench and a 17 mm socket which is tricky to get onto the nut that is underneath it all.

Next, the new riser goes into place using the original bolts:

Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design

After securing the riser modifier piece above, the original handlebar clamp is secured with two new bolts that came with the riser:

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bicycle tire Automotive lighting Vehicle brake

Fuel tank Motorcycle Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive tire

The whole job probably took 30 minutes and the biggest headache was getting a socket set underneath on the 17 mm nut.

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
Great job! I had seen such a riser online and I was confused as to where it actually went and how to go about fixing it. But your explanation couldn't have been more clearer! Thank you for your post and happy riding!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts