BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all - just wondered if it鈥檚 easy to remove just exhaust pipe to replace with a slip on Yoshimura? Not sure if there is a weld mark where it joins or not - maybe easier to remove directly from motor? As you can see if I have not done before 馃憤

Registered
G310GS 2018
Hey all - just wondered if it鈥檚 easy to remove just exhaust pipe to replace with a slip on Yoshimura? Not sure if there is a weld mark where it joins or not - maybe easier to remove directly from motor? As you can see if I have not done before 馃憤
I think you need to use an angle grinder to separate them.

Registered
From what I understand, you are looking to remove the muffler from the constant diameter pipe at the front ( what would become a header pipe ). From memory, there is a circumferal weld around the base of the muffler. As Hasselman says, it'll need an angle grinder ( or maybe a sawsall, or jigsaw ) to cut through the weld. Actually, probably easier to cut through the pipe just by the side of the weld. Make sure that the pipe is held steady in a vice, or similar.

Registered
Loosing? I am confused. Yes, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder...forsure...but I would much rather keep the stock exhaust, even if you don't find is as appealing a some Aliexpress knockoff. Also dealing with engine remapping, and maybe warranty issues in the future isn't worth the hassle.

+ the stock just sounds SOOOO GOOD!!!

Registered
G310GS 2018
Rear foot peg (and exhaust) holder ~4kg, center stand ~4kg, H&B Junior 40 liter panniers and holders ~7kg and some other farkels for the rest.
I don't listen much to my bike, I try to ride it :sneaky:

Registered
I never bothered with the center stand, I found it pointless, I have a couple of Thule bags on the back that weigh nothing, rear pegs I need for chicks (I can't imagine the pegs weighing much)....

But exhaust holder? Don't you need that no matter what?

I love to listen to my bike when I'm cruising!!!

BUT...do you think 7KG is actually noticeable, even on such a small bike.....honest question...I really wonder...

Registered
G310GS 2018
I never bothered with the center stand, I found it pointless, I have a couple of Thule bags on the back that weigh nothing, rear pegs I need for chicks (I can't imagine the pegs weighing much)....

But exhaust holder? Don't you need that no matter what?

I love to listen to my bike when I'm cruising!!!

BUT...do you think 7KG is actually noticeable, even on such a small bike.....honest question...I really wonder...
The pegs are only a few hundred grams, it's the brackets that are heavy. If I remember correctly, each bracket was 3 kg. I ordered a crooked rod made of chinesium to support my stock exhaust. It's amazing how much stuff you can find made by chinesium :)

Registered
G310GS 2018
I am actually using BICYCLE panniers. They work amazing well.
No no no! :eek: You can't do that. Your poor bike will feel ashamed using simple bicycle stuff. It might get an inferiority complex. Don't you understand that motorcycle stuff are for MOTORCYCLES and bicycle stuff are for BICYCLES. How do you think the world looked if people started to bend the rules? At least tell me you had an authorised BMW workshop do the installations!?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts