BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all I do love the 310gs, done 1750 miles so far on-road and off-road and it seems the perfect bike for me, my main concern is now quality of components, 750 miles in and the problem with the sidestand needed a whole frame replacements under warranty, now the 310 has developed the 4000rpm tickover idle problem, the bike went into BMW dealer and I though it would be as simple as the throttle screw lock problem but it turns out it needs a whole new engine management module. This is starting to worry me as in the UK we have a 2 year warranty not 3 years like other countries and I must admit if things keep going wrong I will have to think of chopping the bike in for something else as the extended warranty at £40 quid a month is not really viable for a £5k motorbike.
I hope this is the final problem as it ticks all the boxes for me as my main motorbike ..... fingers crossed.

·
Registered
50 Posts
2yr warranty here in Australia unfortunately, 3yrs would be nice. I would probably sell before the warranty expired if the bike was problematic. I agree that an extended warranty isn't really viable. There are examples of 310s on this forum with pretty high milage so that's somewhat comforting at least.

·
Super Moderator
975 Posts
As mentioned in another post, make sure you set yourself a reminder to get the bike thoroughly inspected about a month before the warranty runs out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts