BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is what my windscreen looks like. I am in the US. Most of the real pics I have found online are not from the US and have a clear windscreen. Can you compare yours to mine, did I (or does the U.S.A.) get a black windscreen, or do I have no windscreen at all?

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wonder why all the overseas seem to be clear and the US black? I'm fine with the black, but I do like the look of the clear...

·
Registered
469 Posts
Safety issue?
Maybe, but I doubt it, mine is clear here in Canada, which can be really anal rententive about safety.
My thoughts are this is a late 2018 model change up. Mine is an early 2018 model.
Personally I like the dark tinted version better, goes nicely with Cosmic black.

·
Registered
2 Posts
US certification issue

Read an article yesterday that stated the US windscreens are black due to US windscreen certification requirements. Sounds like they wanted to get them on the streets and not wait for windscreen certification.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Read an article yesterday that stated the US windscreens are black due to US windscreen certification requirements. Sounds like they wanted to get them on the streets and not wait for windscreen certification.
So then the dark tinted ones are made from a different material?:confused:

·
Registered
31 Posts
When I picked up my GS it had a clear windscreen. In Feb I received a phone call from the dealer saying there was a recall on the clear screens to be replaced with the black model. They told me the clear one was not DOT approved even though it had a DOT marking.

I had them install the new one during my 1000km oil change and check. I prefer the clear windscreen over the black and will probably replace it with an after market model.

·
Registered
469 Posts
When I picked up my GS it had a clear windscreen. In Feb I received a phone call from the dealer saying there was a recall on the clear screens to be replaced with the black model. They told me the clear one was not DOT approved even though it had a DOT marking.

I had them install the new one during my 1000km oil change and check. I prefer the clear windscreen over the black and will probably replace it with an after market model.
Hmmmm....I have not received a call from BMW, and have owned it for four months now. I can only hope,
as I prefer the look of the black one. Not like you have to look through it and maybe will give some shade to the
instrument cluster.:smile2:

·
Super Moderator
901 Posts
Hmmmm....I have not received a call from BMW, and have owned it for four months now. I can only hope,
as I prefer the look of the black one. Not like you have to look through it and maybe will give some shade to the

Maybe you guys can swap

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have found the stock screen on the GS quite noisy. The more naked R is much quieter for me.

I’ve decided to try the RallyRaid supplied Powerbronze Touring screen for the GS in light tint, eagerly awaiting it’s arrival.

·
Registered
469 Posts

Just called my dealer to ask about the windscreen recall, he checked my serial number through BMW and said there are
no recalls for my machine. Not windscreen, waterpump, nothing?
All good I guess.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Haha, Yeah I might swap with you too!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts