BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will this fit?

uxcell a18053000ux0191 2pcs Black Car Horn Speaker Adapter Wiring Harness Pigtail Socket for BMW 2 Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FVKT5G1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_j8bFCb9SEY95K

·
Super Moderator
907 Posts
Nice find Nakul,

I wish I had known about this, but I ended up using a generic plug so the new horn fits and so that I can reinstall the oem horn if needed.

To clarify, I cut the wire and left the existing plug attached to the oem horn.

·
Registered
15 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Y0u need just the Male Plug - the rest of the options are for the quantity you want to order.
If you hover your mouse over the options, you will see the description.
I ordered a set of 5 male plugs from that link.

In the meantime, I used a couple of Pozi-Taps to tap into the wires going the horn connector and ran come cables from them to a denali sound bomb mini.

·
Super Moderator
907 Posts
Y0u need just the Male Plug - the rest of the options are for the quantity you want to order.
If you hover your mouse over the options, you will see the description.
I ordered a set of 5 male plugs from that link.

In the meantime, I used a couple of Pozi-Taps to tap into the wires going the horn connector and ran come cables from them to a denali sound bomb mini.

You have a GS right? Would be good to see some photos of the denali horn in position, I don't know if the denali horn would fit on the R.

·
Registered
75 Posts
The instructions in the box said to install vertically. If you try to do that, it does not fit under the beak. There isn't enough clearance even if you relocate it to a higher position under the beak. Keeping this in mind, I relocated it to just in front of the radiator.

I am however, quite dissatisfied with the sound/tone/volume.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I know instructions say to install vertically. One of the reasons is for horn to not be drown with accumulated rain water. However, I installed it this way and it works fine. If it dies an early death, it's easy to replace.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Dmitriy - That one will not. It works for the larger BMW bikes not the 310.

If you scroll up, you will find a link to one that works in an earlier post of mine.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I gave up trying to retain the stupid bmw adpater. I just cut it off and installed the aftermarket horn directly.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts