BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After sending an email to SW Motech about the centerstand for the G310R I got a reply.
Not from SW Motech but from their Benelux importer (who cares).

Their answer : SW-Motech verwacht dat de middenbok voor deze motor, vanaf week 14 beschikbaar zal zijn.

Translation: SW Motech expects that the centerstand will be available in week 14 (2018).

Late X-mas present !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
My dealer told me the centerstand and the heated grips should arive end May 2018 here in the Netherlands, guess its worldwide.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome Ger,
I see you just ‘entered’ our G310 community.
Hope you will enjoy the threads on this forum.

PS were from the Netherlands (province) you are from ( I will put that in THE list)

·
Registered
41 Posts
I’ve had quite a lot of email communication with sw motech and eventually they have said that there is currently no center stand for the R, even though I had seen a listing on their website a week or so before.

·
Registered
18 Posts
adaption

Anyone know if the mounting pints are the same for the GS and R ?
Surely a reputable engineering firm could modify a GS one to fit an R?
I've had similar stuff done in the past with no problem.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Anyone know if the mounting pints are the same for the GS and R ?
Surely a reputable engineering firm could modify a GS one to fit an R?
I've had similar stuff done in the past with no problem.
If I had spent approx 150 euros on a centre stand, I wouldn't want to have to pay someone to start cutting and welding it - would be OK if I paid about 25 euros. SW-Motech are rumoured to be introducing a centre stand for the G310R in a few weeks anyway.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The GS centerstand from SW Motech is around € 150,00.
The R centerstand, I think, will be priced the same.
Still cheaper then the original BMW one I payed € 200,00 for and never got it (got my money back after 8 months)

·
Registered
197 Posts
I saw it a couple of days ago and tried to order it direct from SW-Motech but they will not supply a stand to me direct and instead, have referred me to the UK dealer/importer. I am still waiting to hear from them (I have also sent them an E-Mail) but they haven't got a great reputation with some of their previous customers who were apparently not happy with dealings with the company.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I saw it a couple of days ago and tried to order it direct from SW-Motech but they will not supply a stand to me direct and instead, have referred me to the UK dealer/importer. I am still waiting to hear from them (I have also sent them an E-Mail) but they haven't got a great reputation with some of their previous customers who were apparently not happy with dealings with the company.
Is that Motohaus you are referring to Glencoeman?
Hows the weather up there ? The week before last 2 workmates walked the hidden valley and beyond and got into a bit of bother.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts