BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not by a lot but the G310R does cost slightly less than the KTM Duke 390 in the UK. BMW recently launched the prices and the G310R will have an MSRP of £4,290 while the Duke costs £4,549.

Think that's enough of an incentive for people to move from the Duke to the G310R?

·
Registered
291 Posts
I really don't think so considering it's such an insignificant difference. It'll really come down to performance, design, actual bike to bike comparisons now.

·
Registered
349 Posts
It's possible actually.. considering these are low-cost, I think people will be looking at that minor difference in price to be real

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We're going to have to wait for ride comparisons between the KTM Duke and G310R when it comes out to see if the slight price difference will sway people. If both models are very similar in performance, those few hundred dollars could be the final decider.

·
Registered
577 Posts
From what i've seen price doesn't do all that much in this range in changing someones decisions, moving in price throughout the range is easy for most folks so the way i see it, it comes down to which bike resonates most with what you're looking for, and that can range quite a bit.

·
Registered
486 Posts
At this piont, we're more likely to see a comparison review from India since that's where the g310r will be release and it may be an even better test location depending on which roads they go on and how well kept they are.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe India will get the g310r without ABS so the MSRP could be kept lower in order to compete with the KTM Duke 390.

·
Registered
291 Posts
A non-ABS version would be helpful to keep the pricing down just enough to compete. A lot of people don't even care for it to be real

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ABS is good for new riders but I assume most people can handle a bike without one, especially if they're used to riding in India.

·
Registered
577 Posts
It can be said that the price of ABS is an easy one to absorb making it a non-issue. Often it's just a small percentage of the overall cost of the bike, something within the single digits.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The actual sale prices can vary from the suggested MSRP but I assume BMW is trying to undercut their main competitor no matter where the g310r is being sold.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I mean... it would only make sense to do it like that. Even if it's just whatever equivalent to $100 less, that could make all the difference

·
Registered
349 Posts
For this segment of bikes, considering they really aren't all that expensive, $100-$200 dollar differences is a lot. But then we need to tie in accessories and all of that good stuff

·
Registered
486 Posts
There doesn't seem to be any OEM accessories for the g310r, at least not from what I can see on the BMW motorrad site. Most likely, the MSRP is what most people will be paying.

·
Registered
577 Posts
You might have to check Motorrad sites for other markets, sometimes you will find that inconsistency from one markets site to another or it might just be the case they don't have accessories ready for us just yet. In the beginning its all about patience.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts