BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BMW's GS Trophy Challenge is going to happen again this year and I'm excited to see their GS bikes try to overcome this year's challenges.

Maybe the G310R Adventure model can do the same one day? Not actually participate and go up against the larger capacity bikes but take on the same trails the GS bikes ride on.

Maybe with a longer time allowance than a hectic 7 days. Think it's possible?

·
Registered
486 Posts
It's just a race through some pretty challenging environemnts. 2014 had them going through a river, a pretty deep one too.

Don't think the G310R will be able to handle it, even the future adventure model may not be able to.

·
Registered
72 Posts
It looks pretty intense. Even if it can handle it, it certainly is not the best suited to the task. STill could be fun though.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Probably going to need to add a snorkel and some of the best knobby tires out there if that's what the g310r could be facing. Probably fall apart after the trail but it does look fun.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We could probably check out what the KTM 390 Duke can handle and if their engine can handle it then maybe the g310r engine can handle it too.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Good chance its one of the best, just looking at how much ground clearance it has going on. Seen it in pictures and in person. For the average rider it will be more than good enough anyways, just look where most of us ride!

·
Registered
486 Posts
I've seen a video of the KTM 390 Duke going through a pretty deep river. Not sure if it was stock or modded but at least you know its possible with the g310r too.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Yeah. More than likely it was stock, unless you so happened to come across a video of one modified which I think even at this point may not be that common to come across.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mostly protective mods like rad braces, maybe pipe guard, skid plate, maybe auto clutch. I'm sure there's a lot more out there.

·
Registered
577 Posts
That's a good point. I know that some people like to experience bikes when their stock and doing that for a long time before making mods. That way its rewarding once you do the mods since you really take in the difference that much more than just jumping into mods.

·
Registered
72 Posts
That's a good point. I know that some people like to experience bikes when their stock and doing that for a long time before making mods. That way its rewarding once you do the mods since you really take in the difference that much more than just jumping into mods.
I think this is essential. if you start out with all the extras then you can't really get a feel for how each modification works individually to change the way the bike operates. The mods are only valuable if you have a knowledge of the stock format so that you can experience the relative difference.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
^this.

Sometimes mods aren't necessary for the trails you want to ride on so you could save a bit of cash instead of getting unnecessary parts.

Just don't expect to make jumps like these on stock, suspension probably won't be able to handle it:

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
USA will have to wait a while before they can try and take the win, think the GS Trophy happens once every two years. Maybe BMW will host a less strenuous race in the meantime with the g310 gs to promote their new small adventure bike.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I highly doubt that's going to happen. Most of the bikes used in the race is the R1200GS and you rarely see anything under that. The obstacles are what makes the race so interesting to watch and the 310 just won't be up to the challenge.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts