BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's an info-graph of the g310r, great for getting to the main specs you're looking for without browsing the boring list on BMW's site. Just don't look at the price unless you're in India.

·
Registered
291 Posts
These make life so much easier. Everything that actually matters to people looking for in a bike is listed right there. Thank you !

·
Registered
291 Posts
That definitely would have been nice, but I still think there is sufficient info in there. You can always check it out at a dealer when they get them and test it perhaps. Maybe even see if they have a demo day

·
Registered
707 Posts
Would have been nice to see the total weight allowance for the g310r with a full fuel tank. That'll give us an idea on how much luggage we can load onto one along with our own body weight.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Never-mind, I did the calculations myself.

Unladen weight, road ready, fully fuelled = 349 lbs (158.5 kg)
Permitted total weight = 760 lbs (345 kg)

weight allowance for rider and luggage = 411 lbs

That's more than enough for my needs.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Not sure how low the bike will sink if you decided to use all 411 lbs allowed but I assume most people will only use half of the weight allowance.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I just wonder how the suspension will handle a person and their luggage with a full tank while going over bumps. wouldn't want to bottom out.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Ultimately you will want to make sure you follow the load limit, so depending on how much you weigh... you'll have to start form their. Might be time to start going to the gym :D

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Maybe waiting for the Mini GS would be a better alternative than trying to fit everything on a bike that wasn't designed for touring.

·
Registered
577 Posts
"Weight reduction starts at home" ;)
It will make for a good excuse to ride during pre-dawn hours or when ever is ideal for you to go to the gym. I've seen a growing amount of riders show up. But of course not the hardcore body builders. good luck trying to ride after working out with those goals.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I've seen quite a few bikes at my local gym too, probably because there's always space for bikes to park whereas cars have to circle a bit before finding a spot. Shave off a few extra pounds and increase the amount of usable weight. :)

·
Registered
577 Posts
I've seen quite a few bikes at my local gym too, probably because there's always space for bikes to park whereas cars have to circle a bit before finding a spot. Shave off a few extra pounds and increase the amount of usable weight. :)
some cardio before getting back on is a good start, that used to be my ritual.
have to work on my legs though, have to prepare for my 1000cc cruiser days, those things are heavy.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts