BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a large touring bike, but want an around town toy. I was actually looking at the Yamaha SCR950, just because of the riding position and cheap price tag on leftover stock. But I was really thinking of something smaller, but with personality. Not the normal Japanese offering then. So as I was thinking "gee, if only there was a KTM dealer around here" and looking at the KTM 390, there popped up the G310R. Now I know you are thinking, big jump from 950cc to 310cc, but the G is much closer to my original concept for a second bike. I hope to look at one tomorrow and if it is only half as fun as it seems then I expect to be a new owner soon. I, by the way, have been riding motorcycles for almost 50 years, but still think that the G may turn out to be more fun than any motorcycle I've owned since I was 16.

>:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had a chance to sit on a G310R last week. Amazing ergonomics for me. Really impressed with the build quality as well. I am going to have to test ride one for sure. I am intrigued as well by the G310GS coming out. May have to see what the pricing is on those as well. I definitely think my next motorcycle will be a G310 of some flavor though!

·
Registered
577 Posts
Had a chance to sit on a G310R last week. Amazing ergonomics for me. Really impressed with the build quality as well. I am going to have to test ride one for sure. I am intrigued as well by the G310GS coming out. May have to see what the pricing is on those as well. I definitely think my next motorcycle will be a G310 of some flavor though!
Tell me about it, I was impressed as well. After that I sat on some KTM's and to be honest I like them equally which has made my next bike purchase a tough choice. Anyone that likes these BMW's should also check out KTM.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really was interested in the KTM, until I looked for a local dealer. I think the reliability may be comparable, but the BMW dealer is only 12 miles away from me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts