BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I just wanted to get some thoughts from here. I have had my G310R for just over a year now and have only put +-3400km on. in that time though the bike wouldn't start because of a broken starter gear. Then it wouldn't start due to some or other guide on the cam shaft I believe and now in this week the water pump has gone as well. I am rather concerned that I am going to end up paying for repairs through my...... when my warranty expires in July. I know the kickstand repair has already been done on the bike and otherwise I only see about the brake recall here, not sure if mine has been done but will get them to check.

Do I need to be concerned?:confused: I love this bike just wish I was having a more stable experience reliability wise.

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
I don't think you need to be concerned. You've had some bad luck for sure, and it's possible another issue pops up such as the stator failing, but all in all these bikes seem to be reasonably reliable. Have the brakes been replaced with the 'final fix' yet?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Well.....

We must admit you have had all the known problems (apart from the stator and brakes, but there is a recall on that, ) in one need package !
In the USA they would invoke the "Lemon Laws" where applicable.
In fact, in all fairness, your bike could be used for an assembly line quality control and a supply chain post mortem !
I think you should have a conversation with your BMW national organization and raise a fuss ! You deserve at least a warranty extension for the time the bike was in repair.
This is how companies lose or save their reputations ! You should remind them of that, and the fact that in other markets, the warranty is as high as 3 years unlimited mileage and Roadside Assistance !

The good news is that you already had all the problems and for others, like me, the bike has been Very Reliable

·
Registered
183 Posts
You need to ride it hard and often from now until the end of the warranty. If something else will break, you will have time to get it fixed under warranty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts