BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just signed the contract for a lightly used (<600 miles) G310R. Kind of like a unicorn, so I am told.

I already have the F650CS, and I love it. My only complaint is I cannot find a good schematic to rewire my grip-warmers. But, I digress.

Looking forward to picking it up tomorrow or Thursday, weather willing. My first "new" motorcycle.

Cheers from Fresno.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Just signed the contract for a lightly used (<600 miles) G310R. Kind of like a unicorn, so I am told.

I already have the F650CS, and I love it. My only complaint is I cannot find a good schematic to rewire my grip-warmers. But, I digress.

Looking forward to picking it up tomorrow or Thursday, weather willing. My first "new" motorcycle.

Cheers from Fresno.
There is an accessory socket above the headlight - it is the middle socket (once you remove the small screws either side of the headlight unit and drop it forwards). The orange wire is the live lead and only is live when the ignition is on.

·
Super Moderator
907 Posts
There's a post on this forum about hand warmer installation, really nice job, using the existing bmw grips and a small discrete switch installed just above the front left indicator, best solution I've seen.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Jackransom,
Welcome to the forum.
Keep us updated about all your plans and trips with this little Beamer and....... enjoy the forum

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
THanks all.

What happened is I goofed and tossed the resistors on the grip, which caused an overload and blew the 10A fuse. Got another from the junkyard and we are back in business...I think. At least the fuse did not blow BUT the left one is still colder than the right. I refuse to pay for BMW to delve into it, so I will suck it up.

I also made a boo-boo trying to put a center-stand on the F650CS... Wrong part, and I was so proud of my job until it fell over! MERDE ! Lucky enough, it is older and tank-like, and the pavement was damaged while the bike had a small scratch on the end of the bar-weight. Nothing major. I need to make a modification to make the F650GS stand work.

I intend to take both of my cycles to Europe in a few months. They will live out their lives in France. Are there any Euro-drivers on here I can meet once i get there? Love to run the roads with my son.

Cheers!
JDR

1 - 6 of 6 Posts