BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to replace the rear brake pads on my G31R.With EBC FA 213 (£16.99. /eBay /MSA_Direct) rear brake pads.
The front seems ok for now. I use the back brake quite a lot, for manoeuvring etc.
I was surprised. it only took me 15 mins. And worked on the bike only on the side stand.
First, gently prise the existing pads back into the calliper to free the pads.
Then remove the split pin located on the top of the calliper (chain side) then the hardest part
was knocking out the pad holding pin, it was a little stuck. I used a 1/8th inch (approx) dia steel rod or drift
as we call it here in the UK. It pops out towards the chain. (you might have to loosen the silencer bolt
and remove the bolt to lift the silencer a bit to get the drift in But Try it first!)) The pin has a sort of (Think, plumbing copper compression fittings) olive or ring on the chain side. This (I Think, helps keep it in place).
Then the pads come out easy. I put the new ones in and smeared the holding pin, and circlip with a little silicone grease
and reassembled everything. Then made sure the brake worked before riding.

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks for the pics and I can say I had the exact same experience: it was surprisingly easy, with the hardest part being hammering the pin in and out. Btw I've a G310R and a GSXR750. Just not the S but the R... Good choices of CC and brand my friend! :laugh:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts