BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
I came across this recall for the European market and can't help to wonder if any US models were affected by this safety issue?
It affects bikes built between 15 Dec,2016 to 1 April,2017 and was for checking the front brake caliper mounting bolts tightness. My bike was checked and done at the first service which also involved changing a few bolts which were not to BMW specification (they were standard allen type bolts which were changed for torx type bolts).

·
Registered
883 Posts
I don't know if it affects my beamer.
When I brought the beamer to my dealer for the change of the waterpump, the also replaced / renewed the clutch cable (not smooth) and the front brake caliper.
I assume everything is okay now and if not, I assume I will get a letter or Phone call from BMW.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I don't know if it affects my beamer.
When I brought the beamer to my dealer for the change of the waterpump, the also replaced / renewed the clutch cable (not smooth) and the front brake caliper.
I assume everything is okay now and if not, I assume I will get a letter or Phone call from BMW.
It would be better if you be proactive about getting an answer because it might benefit you in the long term give how many other people they have to reach out do, the G310R is a bit of a high volume production bike after all. If you do reach out to them let us know what they say/do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts