BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! When I picked up my 310R, the dealer set 41psi front, 47psi rear— and the manual says ~31-33psi. I ride without a passenger; any suggestions for optimal performance/tread wear in a temperate climate like San Francisco? Thanks!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hi! When I picked up my 310R, the dealer set 41psi front, 47psi rear— and the manual says ~31-33psi. I ride without a passenger; any suggestions for optimal performance/tread wear in a temperate climate like San Francisco? Thanks!
The manual is correct. My UK manual puts the pressures at 2.2 bar front and 2.3 bar rear which is the same as 31/33psi. I think you need to change your dealer if they cannot even get the simplest of jobs correct, after you have had a word with them....

·
Registered
469 Posts
Idiots, maybe they want you to wear them out faster for replacements.:wink2:
Probably rode like a rock at that psi.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes; I figured it best to match what the owners manual said re 31-33psi.
Whatever tech that set up the bike at the dealership probably read the tire's sidewall which states "max 41psi cold"-- well good thing it isn't very hot in my area and I haven't yet run the bike's tires to max heat/grip on a track :nerd:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Now that's interesting. The manual for my GS says 24.7 psi / 1.7 bar front and 27.6 psi / 1.9 bar rear. Cold, 1 & 2 up.
Yes, lower pressures for the GS version. There is a thread about this in the GS section. Came about because of a similar thing, the dealer applied the Tyre pressures for a 1200 GS. Made for some interesting handling!

·
Registered
322 Posts
That may be right for the GS but, as I said in my post, my bike is the G310R.
Yes, I know. I just thought that it was interesting that the GS didn't share tire pressures with the R. I think that a lot of people might assume that they were the same.

Not everyone, alas, RsTFM

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well I faced the same issue, I didn't really check the tire pressures for a month after my run-in service, and when I did, to my surprise the front was at 36psi and the rear at 48psi😧
Yes it rode like a rock till then, and I just thought it's the new bike feel.
I put it to 28psi front and 32psi rear. Now the bike feels so soft and nice.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Load it to what the manual says. It is also indicated on the swingarm ( I think) or on the frame.

You can go to MC Garage on YouTube and look for tire pressure and Ari Henning will explain proper pressure.

Now if you are riding in sand, you will need to lowerm but then must put back up when on solid ground.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts