BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, hello from Manchester UK.
Only had my bike a couple of months and managed to do 6 or so rides weather permitting. Today i noticed difficulty changing to 1st and 2nd and vice vera, i had done a 50 mile ride when i noticed this and never saw this on any of the previous rides, at one point i was trying to get it into first the display still showed neutral but it must have been in 1st as it set off neutral signal changed as set off. 2018 bike with 1500 miles. Will see what happens next time i take it out but could be a couple of weeks. Anybody had this?

·
Registered
232 Posts
You may also check the linkage of the gear change foot lever. If the locking nuts have loosened, the gear forks can not fully engage, resulting in this type of behavior.

·
Super Moderator
1,020 Posts
Difficulty getting into gear, or difficulty indicating what gear it is in?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well this is what i need to to try again on another ride, it appeared to be both tbh. Clearly the indication for neutral is electrical so if it was in gear why didn it indicate different. The biting point on the clutch is approx 80-90% of the clutch handle being out not sure if this is norm and needs attention.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Sounds like your clutch cable is to tight. This could be due to not enough play in the clutch lever. You should have 1-2 mm free play between the pivoting lever and the fixed part of the clutch handle.
Ifyou were a friend of mine, I would say: RTFM, p. 119 in the English version.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Keith, I experienced a similar problem after having my bike serviced. It was the clutch lever adjustment, set incorrectly. I took it back to the shop and the dealer sorted it out within a few minutes. Hope this helps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts