BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
2019 G310GS
Discussion Starter #1
While cleaning the bike, I noticed there was more than normal play and slack while lifting the gear shift lever. I figured it must be in the linkage adjustment. But I grabbed the main part that is on the spline from the transmission. I could move it in and out on the spline. I got a 5mm Hex/allen and checked if it was tight. It seemed so, but yet being able to move it in and out is not normal. So I tightened the bolt just a little more. NO MORE PLAY. and no play or slack while lifting the gear shift lever. Amazed that tightening that bolt just a little more took away all the up/down play in the gear shift lever.
Check yours.... bolt that pencil is pointing to.

Registered
Funnily I found the same thing last Sunday - cleaning the bike and found it was moving up and down the splined shaft!

I loosened the pinch bolt, slid it a little further up the spline, to avoid it being so close to the end, and tightened the pinch bolt back up. Hey presto - a lot less slack!

馃崿

Registered
2020, 310 GS
Well done Candy. That鈥榮 one of the benefits of cleaning thoroughly, you inspect and handle potential problems at the same time. How many YouTube videos have yours seen of mechanics working on dirty bikes? Right, too many!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts