BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
2020, 310 GS
29 Posts
Try Sproketcenter.com Good products. Fast delivery and inexpensive. I change my front sprocket down to a 25 tooth. Mush better for non highway use.
Just realized my error. This should read changed the front sprocket down to a 15 tooth.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I finally installed +1 front and -1 rear sprocket this weekend and went for a first 1hr ride; and I can say the difference is quite noticeable. It adds about 6-7mph on highway which is pretty cool (it will do around 60mph in 5th gear without too much fuss). The bad side is that these bay area hills are now a bit more challenging - it used to be easy work in 2nd & 3rd all the time but now I have to unlearn all that and keep it in 2nd... my sense of speed is definitely been affected in the twisties.

Bike seems to behave much better in traffic as well; but I feel maybe I have to give it some more time there. At low speeds the bike jerks a lot now so this change absolutely isn't for the off-roader.

Long story short the first impression is very positive for the riding I do. 🤙

·
Registered
2018 BMW G310R, 2009 BMW R1200GS
47 Posts
I finally installed +1 front and -1 rear sprocket this weekend and went for a first 1hr ride; and I can say the difference is quite noticeable. It adds about 6-7mph on highway which is pretty cool (it will do around 60mph in 5th gear without too much fuss). The bad side is that these bay area hills are now a bit more challenging - it used to be easy work in 2nd & 3rd all the time but now I have to unlearn all that and keep it in 2nd... my sense of speed is definitely been affected in the twisties.

Bike seems to behave much better in traffic as well; but I feel maybe I have to give it some more time there. At low speeds the bike jerks a lot now so this change absolutely isn't for the off-roader.

Long story short the first impression is very positive for the riding I do. 🤙
Well, you gain some, you lose some... I don’t think that g310’s are proper +100 km/h motorcycles by design, no matter what sprockets. For that, you would have to add at least couple hundred cc’s.

·
Registered
5 Posts
did some research so far theoretical increase with exhaust is 2.7 with a reduction in weight, minor but on a small bike def noticeable and through revzilla only runs $490.00 and they have price matching and ive found em for less so for that cost and if it helps.....after ive regeared it then worth it, the bike def needs the regeared, on US hiways it would always be running near redline just to keep up,
Put a yoshimira race pipe on my 2019 gs ,sounds bitchin and adds power and is much lighter.A bit loud.Not gonna sneak up on anyone. Love it.Great company.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well, you gain some, you lose some... I don’t think that g310’s are proper +100 km/h motorcycles by design, no matter what sprockets. For that, you would have to add at least couple hundred cc’s.
I think it will be OK once I get used to it. It rides so much better in the city, much less irritable.

Had a chance to test it on the highway again today and it hits just about 80mph at 7k RPM in 6th which is fantastic for this bike.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I swapped to the 17T front sprocket this weekend and love the difference. 1st through 3rd gears are way easier to progress through and top gear highway cruising is much more comfortable. I was considering the 39 tooth rear, but I'm currently satisfied with the change in comfort that the front sprocket has done. I'll update on the spring after a few hundred miles with it :)
0102211309.jpg

81 - 88 of 88 Posts