BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Up to now so pleased with this little gem, I'm no mechanic but to take hugger off to clean around swing arm so easy, 4 allan screws good quality with plastic washers, swing arm nice forged alloy, plastic want take polish and drying with white smears so tried smooth peanut butter `see youtube` buffed up after looks good, d+a

·
Registered
707 Posts
Good to hear that you're enjoying the G310R! Are you saying peanut butter is a good fairing polish? I've never heard of that before and have no idea how effective that would be.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I'm definitely gonna need to see what you mean by white smears and how you utilized peanut butter to fix it. There doesn't seem to be a youtube link so I'm not too sure if you tried to embed it or not lol

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No smooth peanut butter don't leave white smears on plastic parts as polish does, having said that I tried waterless polish on plastic and seems ok when buffed, sorry to sound sad but do more cleaning than riding while its wet out !

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't think plastic parts of the bike buff up after wax polish as the paint work does, pure chance on youtube just typed how to clean plastic parts on the bike, I did try waterless polish on the same plastic and seems to buff up ok with that factory finish look,

·
Registered
291 Posts
Typically you would leave polish strictly for painted surfaces. For the plastics and all of that, some quick spray wax would do the trick. Spray a sufficient amount and wipe with a microfiber and it'll look real good.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I used to do the peanut butter but the squirrels were vicious and relentless. Just picture me with an angry pack (herd?, flock?) of those bastards on my tail. It wasn't pretty.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Never thought about that one. As cute as they are, they get real antsy real quick and when they want something... they definitely ain't giving up haha!

What have you been using opposed to the peanut butter in that case?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just ride and don't worry about chsin lube on the swing arm. If I see any I figure it's time to spray some more on the chain rollers.

·
Registered
7 Posts
try 303 uv protectant. your plastics will go back to black and it provides really good uv protection. works just a well on vinyl.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts