BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided that I wanted to go with the aluminum "Trekker" box. Less than 100 road miles on it.

Givi mounting plate modified to fit hole pattern on the OEM rack - the mod doesn't preclude mounting it on something else.

I'm in northern Virginia and would like to see $75. Paid $108 a Revzilla.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Love to see new trekker mounted

Could you post some pics of the trekker mounted on bike, and which mount did you go m8a etc, etc

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
E300N on bike:

30 liter Trekker Dolomiti:

I used an M8A plate with the Givi bike-specific adapter.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Trekker

Are you happy with it. I am looking into these boxes now. Cannot decide on which style, outback, Dolomiti, plain trekker etc.
The 30 can’t hold a helmet thou can it, I’d have to go 42 or something like that, hiw does it look for width on the bike if you don’t have side panniers.

I have/had the bmw 29 light toocase but bottom of case has cracked and split at mount. Trying for warranty but not holding my breath. So upgrade I will have to do.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are you happy with it. I am looking into these boxes now. Cannot decide on which style, outback, Dolomiti, plain trekker etc.
The 30 can’t hold a helmet thou can it, I’d have to go 42 or something like that, hiw does it look for width on the bike if you don’t have side panniers.
Quite happy with it - was exactly what I wanted. I liked the cleaner rounded look of the Dolomiti over the others - I felt that it fit the lines of the bike better and thought that the larger case was too big.

It can hold a helmet. You have to cut it up into pieces, but it will fit. >:)

Actually, it's not an issue for me. I do carry a small cable lock that I can loop through the chinbar and sleeve of my jacket should I want to leave them with the bike. Plus, I carry other stiff in there and wouldn't have room for a helmet even with the larger box.

Width isn't an issue - much narrower than the handlebars.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Looks great

I think your right about the style dolimiti looks cleaner. Yours looks nice and tidy. I to use a helmetlok but I also have to leave it there for hours at a time in all types of weather so prefer deeper box, plus I am thinking ahead for side panniers and long travel plans. Horses for course I guess.

Anyway great choice

1 - 8 of 8 Posts