BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if anyone else has put the Givi hand guards on. I had issues removing the bolts out of the handlebars but eventually got them with a bigger allenkey and a big hammer to fix stripped Allen bolt head. Also the bracket from the mirror mount to the guards based on the instructions that are hard tor read and make sense of exact orientation of bracket. Could someone post a picture. Based on instruction i have to wrong but it didn’t seem to fit the way they wanted it or so it appears.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Givi Hand guards on what?, G310 R or the GS?, I assume it's the GS , is it the GIVI HP5126 models?

·
Registered
102 Posts
If the brackets and tools don't fit, I would double check that you received the correct part number. It sounds like you are using imperial hex keys on metric fasteners. Are the screws in the kit M6x16 and M8x70?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
If the brackets and tools don't fit, I would double check that you received the correct part number. It sounds like you are using imperial hex keys on metric fasteners. Are the screws in the kit M6x16 and M8x70?
Sorry i probably wasn’t clear, yes its the hp5126 and yes its a gs, and yes it is the correct package, but the diagram on the instructions show a bracket facing one way that just didn’t work out so i reversed it and it seams to fit, that is why i was hoping some one could just a take a photo of the bracket that goes off the mirror to the hand guard just to see if 1, the brackets are wrong from manufacturer or 2 i have just completely screwed up.
As for stripped OEM hex heads on extraction no i used the correct metric key set.it fitted snug as i even got a local bike mechanic to call in to make sure it wasn’t me wrecking it and same thing happened to him on the other side, so thanks to his suggestion we went 1 size bigger and a hammer worked a treat.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry i probably wasn’t clear, yes its the hp5126 and yes its a gs, and yes it is the correct package, but the diagram on the instructions show a bracket facing one way that just didn’t work out so i reversed it and it seams to fit, that is why i was hoping some one could just a take a photo of the bracket that goes off the mirror to the hand guard just to see if 1, the brackets are wrong from manufacturer or 2 i have just completely screwed up.
As for stripped OEM hex heads on extraction no i used the correct metric key set.it fitted snug as i even got a local bike mechanic to call in to make sure it wasn’t me wrecking it and same thing happened to him on the other side, so thanks to his suggestion we went 1 size bigger and a hammer worked a treat.
Did you find a solution to this? I am having identical issues with mine.

·
Registered
G310 GS
31 Posts
I had the same problem and found out, that the drawing in the instruction is wrong.
First mount the plastics temporary and then you can see how the brackets have to be turned. After this it fits well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hahaha I had thought that was the issue, but it wasn't until I read your comment that I tried switching sides and flipping the bracket over that it worked. Thank you for the inspiration!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had the same problem and found out, that the drawing in the instruction is wrong.
First mount the plastics temporary and then you can see how the brackets have to be turned. After this it fits well.
I had the same issue as well and solved it the same way you did. There is no way they will fit if installed per the drawing. I did bend the brackets a bit to improve the fit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts