BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Ok now it's clear ! You've got the G310GS OEM rack, so you just have to choose your mounting plates accordingly ;-)

·
Registered
11 Posts
And the 30 liter Dolomiti in silver:

How much can you stash in the 30 L Dolomiti?
I'm wondering if there be room for my jacket, riding pants and boots if I was going someplace I wanted to take off for a run from. I realize there's not enough room for a helmet. I can lock that to the bike with a cable.

·
Registered
47 Posts
And now with the case mounted !
I know it may look big to some of you, but I'm used to bring a lot of stuff on my bike, and that's why I took this sturdy design. It holds 2 helmets (1 fullface, 1 jet).

See how Givi added some reinforcement legs below the plate.

is this the OEM BMW rack with the Givi mounting plate? I have a GIVI trekker case I would like to be able to move from bike to bike. I know I need the mounting plate, but I want to make sure the one I get will afix to what every rack (looks like only SW Motech and Shad make them right now) I choose.

·
Registered
326 Posts
What rack are you using, and I assume this case uses the Givi Monokey system (thus needing the specific mounting plate?)
The stock rack that comes with the GS. It also fits the R. It's a bit pricey, but there seem to be a lot of GS riders that want the R's grab handles - so a swap is always possible if you have an R.

You assume correctly about the mounting You need the M8 plate that the box mounts to and the SR5126 plate to bike adapter.

Note that the M8 plate comes in two finishes - Aluminum (M8A) and Black (M8B).

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have the SWMotech Trax topcase. Big enough to fit my XL helmet.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I installed the OEM BMW top case, which came out a LOT cheaper than any aftermarket top case, including the original mounting plate and bracket for the bike. I will probably do a little paint work since my bike is white and the case black, but other than that, I´m pretty happy with the result. Good luck!
Hi dannymex,

Since I love how your G301R looks, would you please share with me the models (or better the links) of the windshield and handguards (top case is OEM BMW, I know) ?

The windshield looks very different than the others I've seen, i mean taller.

Thank you very much
and sorry to being OT.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Went to the Toronto Motorcycle Show on Friday.

BMW had a F850GS with all of the Vario Cases mounted. I walked over, removed the topcase and went to install it on a G310GS. One of the salesmen saw me and said "Wrong mount", I said "Nope" and proceeded to install it on the stock 310GS luggage rack.. no problem. 3 Sales guys walked over and were shocked. Duh.

It's a pricey solution, but I don't like the 'bubble' cases that BMW sell for the 310, and not a fan of the plates/adapters for aftermarket options.

PIC: https://www.bmw-motorrad-bohling.com/uk/bmw-topcase-f750gs-2017-2018-f850gs-2017-2018.html

I'll be in touch with my dealer soon to order.... no rush... at least another month of winter :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
"BMW had a F850GS with all of the Vario Cases mounted. I walked over, removed the topcase and went to install it on a G310GS....."
I love this Vario top case. Are you sure that it fits directly ?… without plate/adapter ?
Do you have a picture with the case on the GS ?
If it works, I'll buy one !! Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
"BMW had a F850GS with all of the Vario Cases mounted. I walked over, removed the topcase and went to install it on a G310GS....."
I love this Vario top case. Are you sure that it fits directly ?… without plate/adapter ?
Do you have a picture with the case on the GS ?
If it works, I'll buy one !! Thanks
I picked one up last week. I'll try to post picks this weekend.
Direct fit, no adapters/plates.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts