BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Liver adjustment is important.
secondly engine oil quality also improves shift performance.
I had initially this issue my I did some adjustments on shift liver it improved but was not completely eliminated
I added some additives to engine oil metelex metal surface conditioner and ceratec (moly) and it dam smooth to shift and it has eliminated the issue completely.

·
Super Moderator
931 Posts
Liver adjustment is important.
secondly engine oil quality also improves shift performance.
I had initially this issue my I did some adjustments on shift liver it improved but was not completely eliminated
I added some additives to engine oil metelex metal surface conditioner and ceratec (moly) and it dam smooth to shift and it has eliminated the issue completely.
I would advise against adding any additives, the moly additives are known to be corrosive to the diamond like coating on the cylinder.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I would advise against adding any additives, the moly additives are known to be corrosive to the diamond like coating on the cylinder.
On page 121 of rider's manual, moly additives are specifically asked not to be used. Quote "Additives (e.g. molybdenum-based) are not permissible because they can attack coated components of the engine."

21 - 23 of 23 Posts