BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My gear shift lever is way too low. Dealer said it won't adjust out. ?? Anyone having this low mount issue? Can it adjust, or new lever, or mod lever ??? Thanks:surprise:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Your dealer is wrong. It'll adjust, but only so much. I installed some Pivot Pegz with their lowering spacer and adjusted the shift lever as far up as felt safe. So mine now juuuuuuust fits over my off-road boots when upshifting. And having the pivoting foot pegs helps. The adjustment isn't difficult, so if your dealer won't do it, you can easily do it yourself. Just make sure to use some Loctite when you button it all up.

·
Registered
56 Posts
My gear shift lever is way too low. Dealer said it won't adjust out. ?? Anyone having this low mount issue? Can it adjust, or new lever, or mod lever ??? Thanks:surprise:
search for a post by Drew Lee on Facebook "BMW G310GS" page

Attachments

Reactions: W8NONU

·
Registered
260 Posts
the gear lever adjuster is the threaded bolt just under the gear change .
It should give you plenty of option to suit your boots..
[btw I'm not impressed with your dealer ..]

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the gear lever adjuster is the threaded bolt just under the gear change .
It should give you plenty of option to suit your boots..
[btw I'm not impressed with your dealer ..]
Understood. I didn't attempt myself only because I was bringing it in for first service. I'll try now myself and see how much I get from the rod.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those Pivot Pegz looks good. I'll attempt an adjust now that first service has been done

·
Registered
42 Posts
This is single-handedly the BEST thing you can do to the bike!!! The factory setting is ridiculously low, and impossible to use with offroad boots. Add in a shifter extender, and it's a whole new bike! :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Where to find gearshift lever cover extension?

Stefan,
Where do I find or purchase a gearshift lever cover extension for my 2018 BMW G310GS motorcycle. I’d like the rubber end of the shift lever to extend out farther from the side of the bike to make it easier for my foot to find the shift lever, without looking down, when I want to shift gears up or down while traveling. :frown2:
I also like to be able to see photos, sources and prices of available shift lever extensions.
I’ve already found, examined, purchased and installed foot brake lever enlarged foot pads to make applying the rear brake easier. If you have large feet and boots, the larger foot brake platform pad sure makes braking easier. :smile2:

·
Registered
157 Posts
If you are in USA, you can call European Motorcycles of Pittsburgh BMW/Ducati as they did mine with no additional parts and you can move quite a distance. I have to lower mine as it is a little too high now. 724-935-4269 or [email protected] You should be able to figure out by just turning the adjusters.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Stefan,
Where do I find or purchase a gearshift lever cover extension for my 2018 BMW G310GS motorcycle. I’d like the rubber end of the shift lever to extend out farther from the side of the bike to make it easier for my foot to find the shift lever, without looking down, when I want to shift gears up or down while traveling. :frown2:
I also like to be able to see photos, sources and prices of available shift lever extensions.
I’ve already found, examined, purchased and installed foot brake lever enlarged foot pads to make applying the rear brake easier. If you have large feet and boots, the larger foot brake platform pad sure makes braking easier. :smile2:
I got cheap one like this: https://www.lazada.co.th/products/areyourshop-heeltoe-gear-shift-peg-extension-enlarge-pad-for-bmw-g310-gsr-r1200gs-adv-ti-i248141707-s382081456.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.26.153321bd21aW39&search=1

the thing is that if you do serious off-road riding, I would not suggest any extension because you can brake the lever when falling on the left side. it happened to me with crf250L.

they also have cheap brake lever enlarger: https://www.lazada.co.th/products/areyourshop-rear-foot-brake-lever-peg-pad-enlarge-extender-for-bmw-g310r-g310gs-17-2018-bk-i268700360-s420733075.html?spm=a2o4m.pdp.recommendation_1.5.428338ecDB2v3K&mp=1&clickTrackInfo=52fd81c3-ca4b-4a76-ba4c-62de87b11d7f__268700360__13178__cate__124572__0.5049442__0.5049442__0.0__0.5049442__8.0E-5__0.7049442__4__null__null__null__null__null__null__&scm=1007.16389.126158.0

for me the rear brake lever was more of a problem, not being able to reach it properly is a safety issue.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
RE: the shift lever adjust. Yes, I took some wrenches to it and found plenty of adjustment. Not sure why dealer couldn't/wouldn't, but it works fine now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts