BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm looking at these wheels for my 2021 gs, wondering what people think? They are about half the price of the rally raids. I'll throw tkc 80s on them. thank you! By the way, bought it on Saturday, it's Polar White and I haven't even thrown a leg over her, pissing down rain in the Berkshires!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi, I'm looking at these wheels for my 2021 gs, wondering what people think? They are about half the price of the rally raids. I'll throw tkc 80s on them. thank you! By the way, bought it on Saturday, it's Polar White and I haven't even thrown a leg over her, pissing down rain in the Berkshires!

Not sure if I would trust wheels on amazon? There is a company out of England ,Rally Raid I believe? Couldn't open the link you have? Maybe Thats them. Good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know, I'm not sure. I like Rally Raid a lot but by the time i ship them it cost me 2k, on a 6k bike (USD), so it really doesn't make sense, and shipping out of England could take forever. But yeah, I don't want cheap wheels to fall off. I'm going to check the guarantee on the amazon wheels, $800 and i can have them next week

·
Registered
34 Posts
I’ve eyed up the spikes wheels from Amazon and eBay. Like @ibsprink i ended up not trusting those. Here is a forum link to what I have seen a few times-putting on Dakar rims. Some work necessary but more trustworthy imo

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks, that's really helpful, I can't have issues with the size of the hubs or axels, I'm not wanting to mess with the integrity of the bike. I'll get the rally raids, great advice (and that's exactly how I want my bike to look, like Oji-san's)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Cool. I wish I could swallow the RR cost. I am thinking their suspension upgrades are worth more to me. Beet of luck

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's probably because you are a performance rider, and I'm only doing this for aesthetics 😂 you too!

·
Registered
49 Posts

They were my 1st option due to the price but as they're a little bit wider than OEM for sure are heavier. And they say that you need a bigger rotor with an adapter +$150, because the spokes rub on the caliper!. So I bet for an OEM BMW Behr wheels from the F650 GS.
20 years old, but great materials, quality and the hubs are cute.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just they need a good cleaning, new bearings 20x40x12 (that by the way only on sale at AliExpress) a front spacer and convert to tubeless. The better don't break the bank!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They were my 1st option due to the price but as they're a little bit wider than OEM for sure are heavier. And they say that you need a bigger rotor with an adapter +$150, because the spokes rub on the caliper!. So I bet for an OEM BMW Behr wheels from the F650 GS.
20 years old, but great materials, quality and the hubs are cute.
View attachment 15992
those are beautiful! I love anything retro

1 - 10 of 10 Posts