Registered
469 Posts
Any word on price?
I'm guessing it will be expensive, like $1000+

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No price yet... but seems more and more aftermarket parts are being developed in following months.
Rally Raid all mentioned a full silencer system from Scorpion Exhausts has been developed, buts its not going to be launched until after the field trails with the Aussie team that are also testing the wheels.

Any word on price?
I'm guessing it will be expensive, like $1000+
exhaust below photo from Rally Raids FB post.

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Love the looks of those spoked wheels, and a definite fit for the GS. Unfortunate that they are based out of the UK, wonder what alternatives can be found locally (North America). This may seem like a dumb question but what's the advantage of running a tubeless tire? Less chance for a flat?

·
Registered
254 Posts
This may seem like a dumb question but what's the advantage of running a tubeless tire? Less chance for a flat?
No, a screw or a nail will pierce a tubeless tire just as easily as a tubed one. But you can plug a tubeless tire in a few minutes, pump it up, and be back on your way. Whereas fixing flat on a tubed tire, especially on a rear tire, can drag on into hours of work. Not much fun doing that trailside on a hot afternoon out in the desert, especially without a center stand. DAMHIK.

I confess, having ridden bikes with cast wheels and tubeless tires, and bikes with spoked wheels and tubed tires, that I have zero interest in swapping out the stock wheels for some spoked ones when my G310GS finally gets here. Zero. Other than the bling factor, I see no advantage to spoked wheels on a bike this light. They're usually heavier, harder to keep clean, and then there's patching that tube. No thanks.

Cast wheels were once considered less durable than spoked wheels. But my experience with my old V-Strom showed me that this is clearly not the case anymore. I rode that thing all over the deserts of eastern Oregon, northern Nevada, Death Valley, Baja, and parts in between, and never suffered a single bent rim. And I wasn't always just plodding along out there. In fact, the only bent rim I ever suffered was on my current F800GS, which has spoked wheels.

But hey, if you have a spare US$1,400 just lying around, and like the way those wheels looks, go ahead and buy them. I think they look reeeel purty.

·
Registered
469 Posts
But hey, if you have a spare US$1,400 just lying around, and like the way those wheels looks, go ahead and buy them. I think they look reeeel purty.
Totally agree, then $1100+ for the Akrapovic exhaust and your at around $2500, **** near half the price of the
bike. For bling and bang.
No thanks!

Reactions: MOTOMAN

·
Registered
117 Posts
On my old Ténéré, during her 25 years, I broke around a dozen of spokes... So I'm more than happy with those cast wheels :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
fully agree.. it does look nice, but f you are going to spend that amount of cash then its probably best just to buy a different bike.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Love the looks of those spoked wheels, and a definite fit for the GS. Unfortunate that they are based out of the UK, wonder what alternatives can be found locally (North America). This may seem like a dumb question but what's the advantage of running a tubeless tire? Less chance for a flat?
Hi Remy - Rally Raid Products are a UK manufacturing company, but they ship worldwide using UPS directly to customers. Their website shop allows you to purchase in a range of currencies, included USD of course.

for info. the heavy-duty spoked wheels for the G310GS (that Dave posted a photo of above) will be available in both tubed and tubeless versions.

There will be more info/prices once the GS section of their web-shop goes live at the end of March.

I'll also suggest that Rally Raid sign up for the Vendors section on here too, and include a FAQ section for any specific questions and enquiries about their GS range of upgrades and accessories.

Jenny x

·
Registered
469 Posts
Thanks for that teaser video.
Does that GS in the video have any suspension modifications?
Looks like it came close to bottoming out on that modest little jump.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Thanks for that teaser video.
Does that GS in the video have any suspension modifications?
Looks like it came close to bottoming out on that modest little jump.
Hi Tickster - yes, those bikes have the Rally Raid shock and fork kits fitted - obviously differently springs will available in a range of rates depending on the rider-weight/load carried and your intended use.

Don't forget the whole point of having long-travel suspension is for it to be used - no point in only using the top 50% stroke and having the bike too stiff for traction and comfort... for example if you watch how it climbs the rocky steps, hopefully you see what I mean?

It's not meant to be a motocrosser! ;o)

Jx

ps. for info. The longer-travel shocks also feature a PDS circuit that ramps up the damping rate towards the end of the stroke so the transition to fully compressed is smooth - and in genera the high quality damping ensures the suspension action remains consistent and controlled and not harsh, even towards the extreme of the travel available.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Thanks for that info, yes not a motocrosser, just a real fun off-roader, with ability to ride the pavement.
Now hurry up and get these products to market, it's pretty much all yours, because there very little else out there. 😂
Cheers.

Reactions: JMo

·
Registered
324 Posts
Just heard from Rally Raid - 850 Pounds for a pair of the wire wheels.

·
Registered
337 Posts
The tubless wire wheels are more expensive?
Can you not buy only the axle,s so i can make the wheels by myself with rims and spokes in holland the shipping cost is cheaper to.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts