BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i meant if anyone has actually installed such a thing (the cost is high at ~1000euros). the tractive suspension looks like a well built part,however i 've never heard the brand before and i hesitate to spent such an amount of money.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Tractive Suspension was set up by all ex-WP tech guys after KTM bought WP and moved production from Holland to Austria.
They have a huge amount of technical experience and manufacture all the shocks and cartridge fork kits for Touratech Germany.
Check out their video

·
Registered
39 Posts
I replace my suspension with a Hyperpro lowering shock and progressive fork springs. It lowered the front and back 2.5” and I love it. I can flat foot the bike now and it has 50 settings for adjustment. I’ve taken a passenger for a four hour ride and the combined weight was 400lbs and the GS took it like a champ no problem.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I’m currently here in the Philippines.
I’m looking for lowering suspension kit at the rear where can I buy online. I badly need it. My rig is at 35inches I want to lower it at 31inch. Kindly help me please.

·
Registered
157 Posts
35" ??

Hi, I’m currently here in the Philippines.
I’m looking for lowering suspension kit at the rear where can I buy online. I badly need it. My rig is at 35inches I want to lower it at 31inch. Kindly help me please.
How did you get one at 35" ??? Stock is 32.9" Go with Rally-Raid rear shock, you can buy online.

PS: I am half filipino myself

·
Registered
27 Posts
I replace my suspension with a Hyperpro lowering shock and progressive fork springs. It lowered the front and back 2.5” and I love it. I can flat foot the bike now and it has 50 settings for adjustment. I’ve taken a passenger for a four hour ride and the combined weight was 400lbs and the GS took it like a champ no problem.
kloseau - Tell me about your setup? 6ft here and can almost flat foot, but been considering a shock purchase. Love to hear more about yours!

·
Registered
30 Posts
10 setting on stock shock

I have been watching many of the youtube reviews. Generally, most reviewers seem to feel that the G310GS stock suspension, though soft, is well suited for most city and country roads. The 390 Duck is the best for canyon racing and the Versys 300x is one of the better off road suspensions.

I understand the desire to upgrade the stock suspension, but I am curious about which of the ten settings on the stock shock you tried?

I understand that there are Ten different settings available. Generally the stock shocks are Ok for "average size" riders under "normal" riding conditions.

If you are very heavy, or try to ride aggressively off road then surely the stock suspension was not designed for you, but everyone else probably can find a setting that works for them.

Did you guys try to dial in the stock shock or not bother. What was your experience with to adjustment with the stock shock?

Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have been watching many of the youtube reviews. Generally, most reviewers seem to feel that the G310GS stock suspension, though soft, is well suited for most city and country roads. The 390 Duck is the best for canyon racing and the Versys 300x is one of the better off road suspensions.

I understand the desire to upgrade the stock suspension, but I am curious about which of the ten settings on the stock shock you tried?

I understand that there are Ten different settings available. Generally the stock shocks are Ok for "average size" riders under "normal" riding conditions.

If you are very heavy, or try to ride aggressively off road then surely the stock suspension was not designed for you, but everyone else probably can find a setting that works for them.

Did you guys try to dial in the stock shock or not bother. What was your experience with to adjustment with the stock shock?

Thanks
I can say however, I myself have not adjusted my shock personally.. Dealer supposedly did it for me when I took delivery. I was still shocked at the height considering had seen reviews of men that were 5'10" and such that were flat footing it. My assumption was the shock needed some ride in time to drop a bit.

Will get out and play with it today and see if can get a bit more drop.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi there, I’m 5’7”, and 20lb lighter than you, suspect your dealer may have dialed it the wrong way as I’m about 1/2” from flat footing.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Strange. I'm 5' 10"/32"inseam/165 lbs., I have my preload maxxed out to its highest setting, and I can still flat foot the GS. Something's not right here.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Strange. I'm 5' 10"/32"inseam/165 lbs., I have my preload maxxed out to its highest setting, and I can still flat foot the GS. Something's not right here.
You know crazily enough, I would not be surprised.. Clockwise or counter to lower it? Silly question perhaps, but making sure before getting back to the bike.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have not done it yet, but am looking at Rally-Raid (I don't know if they have varying springs based on your weight), and Andreani Fork Cartridge Kits which have optional spring based on your weight. They do a lot of motorcross suspension

·
Registered
255 Posts
You know crazily enough, I would not be surprised.. Clockwise or counter to lower it? Silly question perhaps, but making sure before getting back to the bike.
Clockwise to raise it, counterclockwise to lower it. But even maxed out, your seat shouldn't be too high for a person of your size to flatfoot it. Did your dealer maybe install some sort of aftermarket tall seat? Or do you have really short legs?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Clockwise to raise it, counterclockwise to lower it. But even maxed out, your seat shouldn't be too high for a person of your size to flatfoot it. Did your dealer maybe install some sort of aftermarket tall seat? Or do you have really short legs?
Nope.. Got it right out of the box... And completely normal, if not longer legs... "Runner."

·
Registered
106 Posts
Weird. I am 5.9 and I almost flat foot. I never adjusted anything on the suspension but now I am curious to check it out.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts