BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Super Moderator
956 Posts
try ebay, search for "repair manual bmw g 310 r", search worldwide, there should be a listing in Italy, otherwise you can buy the dvd from your dealer

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
I just bought one from a seller in Canada, $15. Hopefully it also has info on my 2016 C650 Sport but we'll see once it arrives next week. It was on ebay and according to the advert I got his or her last DVD.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Reactions: G0MYW and Geoff PD

·
Registered
114 Posts
I just bought one from a seller in Canada, $15. Hopefully it also has info on my 2016 C650 Sport but we'll see once it arrives next week. It was on ebay and according to the advert I got his or her last DVD.
Would like to know what you think when you get it. Can you forward the link?
Thanks

·
Registered
751 Posts
this is not a service manual, just list of parts. it is a good site, and I actually bought from them some items.

·
Registered
150 Posts
no, you need to buy a CD for that. so far I could not find any pdf. the CD is for 310r, but it very similar to gs
Kris

Would you be prepared to tell us what the manual says the normal coolant temperature should be?

My expert BMW dealer had no idea of the correct specified temperature when asked. Not exactly confidence inspiring.

·
Registered
751 Posts
as a rule of thumb, above 100 or 102C, the fan kicks in.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Indeed, but that is not the normal running temperature. Does the manual suggest what this is expected to be? Mine usually sits at mid to high sixties which I feel is too cool for optimum running. I would expect approx 90 as a norm.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Well, in the US in the middle of summer when the outside temperature is 95 degrees F, the motorcycle sitting at a light could can get to 220 degrees or 105 Celcius. That's still normal.
Once the bike starts moving, the temperature should go down to around 180 degrees F or 83 Celcius.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have one -- had to get it directly from BMW in Germany. Came in the form of a CD, for which I was able to download it onto a thumb drive as well.
The local dealer didn't even have one yet (this was a few months ago).
Pretty sure you can order through parts or service at a BMW dealer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Service manual came in DVD form & I downloaded to my computer, but it's set up in

and exe file & not a regular pdf or word or even jpg --

and it won't attach here --

and when it's opened, you have to click on the individual sections & pages to access any of the specific info, so can't just do a print pdf.

Sorry about that! Must be their way of making every last penny off the consumer.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts