BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Currently bikeless. Buying a GS310 in Spring 2021
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First ride after delivery and had rain and wet road most of the way. This has to be the dirtiest bike I have ever owned. The carrier, seat, swinging arm and both sides of the engine were covered in dirt. Have to say the rear suspension and the hugger/deflector were fairly clean. cannot quite figure where all the sh... is coming from.
Has anyone else experienced anything similar and what have folks done about it?
I am going to fit a front mudguard extender which might help the front and maybe the engine sides. Never had much luck with rear huggers. Water seems to squeeze out underneath them and leave as much mess. Anyone got one which is reasonable?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Noticed the same thing with the 310R. How on earth is spray covering the back of my helmet! I've ordered an aftermarket rear inner fender, and intend to take a few comparison photos next to the stock one.

If the front fender extension and new rear lower fender don't satisfy me, I might try to order the "Australian" rear outer fender.

·
Registered
Currently bikeless. Buying a GS310 in Spring 2021
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IF by Australian rear outer fender is that the fender bit which covers the outer edge of the read wheel about half way up. It is fitted to the swinging arm with a couple of brackets each side? If it is Givi do something similar. Let me know how you get on.

·
Registered
21 Posts
IF by Australian rear outer fender is that the fender bit which covers the outer edge of the read wheel about half way up. It is fitted to the swinging arm with a couple of brackets each side? If it is Givi do something similar. Let me know how you get on.

Here is the aussie mudguard.

I have seen the fender bit for sale that you mentioned. Like this?
It looks like it would help people behind you, or be purely aesthetic in function. But I would be curious to hear from someone who has installed one!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts