BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first 800km i had waterpump faulty and replaced under warranty with 2 weeks bikeless and now at 3800km i have Regulator faulty, bikeless over a week and still waiting part from BMW, hope i would not wait a1000 years.
I think my GS is a lemon. Anyone having ussue with yours? Thinking of selling and move to Kawasaki or honda. Cheers.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Several have had a bad stator. The service manager can check availability on line and if available can order for immediate shipment. You should be given some idea of when problem will be fixed. The check for regulator or stator only takes a few minutes.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Several have had a bad stator. The service manager can check availability on line and if available can order for immediate shipment. You should be given some idea of when problem will be fixed. The check for regulator or stator only takes a few minutes.
The other problem also lack of customer service from BMW. The local dealer did few follows up but no firm response from BMW when the part will be available.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In Australia there is no way of contacting BMW without going through a dealer.
Yes, you are right. I have followed up with dealer and they cant even tell me when the part will available. BMW is very bad,They seem dont care and irresponsible. To a new buyer....just think twice when you think of buying GS310. It's a lemon.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I've actually had no problems in the last 7 months of owning the GS. The dealer has been good as well. So assessment would that it's a lemon.

It is possible some individual bikes may have some defects, but that does not mean the entire bike production model is a lemon. Generalisation is a bit dangerous

·
Registered
67 Posts
Fault of stator is really a not good new
In Italy BMW just announced extension to 4 years (from 2) of the official warranty on new bikes bought starting from 1st of January.
I've taken my GS in October, so I'm out...
Really disappointing

·
Super Moderator
901 Posts
Get your bike thoroughly checked about 1 month before warrantee runs out. Here in Australia, we have organisations that check 2nd hand bikes/cars prior to purchase, these organisations also check bikes/cars prior to warrantee running out. Costs about $140 (for a car) and very worth it, saved me about $800 once and saved my dad around $5,000 (new transmission under warrantee).

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BMW Australia has shown very poor service toward their customer. I did follow up several times with the dealer and they cant even estimate when the regulator would be available. It has been over 2 weeks. VERY FRUSTRATING dealing with BMW. Lesson learnt!

·
Registered
751 Posts
BMW Australia has shown very poor service toward their customer. I did follow up several times with the dealer and they cant even estimate when the regulator would be available. It has been over 2 weeks. VERY FRUSTRATING dealing with BMW. Lesson learnt!
this sucks. i love the gs, but if one wants a reliable bike, one should get Japanese one. i would hope that those guys in Europe learnt their lessons, after they were crashed by the Japanese market.

·
Registered
152 Posts
RM,

Send them mine and Zente's story with our alternator problems as an example of what BMW USA and BMW Canada did for us (took parts off as yet unsold bikes to get us on our way)

If I remember correctly do a search on "Interesting happened this Sunday", our stories are described there.

RobertB

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
RM,

Send them mine and Zente's story with our alternator problems as an example of what BMW USA and BMW Canada did for us (took parts off as yet unsold bikes to get us on our way)

If I remember correctly do a search on "Interesting happened this Sunday", our stories are described there.

RobertB
thanks, i will come to see the dealer tomorrow and ask for that. Cheers

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
this sucks. i love the gs, but if one wants a reliable bike, one should get Japanese one. i would hope that those guys in Europe learnt their lessons, after they were crashed by the Japanese market.
yes, u r right. the reason i bought BMW thought it would be reliable and the support we get from european good reputation company would be better. In fact i was wrong. Many phone calls made to the dealer and they can't even give me an estimation when the part would be available.....what a joke "BMW".

1 - 16 of 16 Posts