BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my bike for about a month now and for the most part I really like it. I am surprised by the detail and quality that so far appears to be top notch. I have about 200 miles on it now. There are some teething problems that popped up however.
The first couple of weeks into ownership I noticed that the rear brake when applied wasn't that effective so I returned it to the dealer who bleed the rear brake system. It seems slightly better than before but not by much.
Within the past 2 weeks the bike developed a COLD START ISSUE. When the engine is cold regardless of what the outside temperature is, it takes me about 5 minutes of cranking the starter before the engine fires up. This is way too long. I am surprised the battery didn't wear down. Once the engine is warmed up starting is no longer an issue and it will fire up on 1 press on the starter button. I am wondering what this could be. I do use the high quality, high octane gas and it purrs like a cat down the highway. Since it is EFI I know not to throttle it during startups.

·
Super Moderator
1,021 Posts
Try starting as described in the manual for cold starts, pull in the clutch (not just neutral) give it a bit of throttle. See if that makes a difference.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts