See my other post about it

·
Registered
469 Posts
Barkbusters, part number STM-007-BK.

·
Registered
197 Posts
If all you want from handguards is weather protection, then Givi do a set for the G310R - the same as fits the Kawasaki Versys 650 and 1000 models. Probably fits the 310GS as well. They are really easy to fit as I have them on my Honda CB500X. Part number is Givi HP4103.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Powerbronze are working on plastics for the both GS and R 310, screen, hugger, fender extender and handguards, should be ready in new year

·
Registered
337 Posts
i search for the handguards above but all are single mounted read not strong enough for crashing in the boondocks

·
Registered
31 Posts
He Tickster,

I purchased the the Barkbusters, part number STM-007-BK but found the 50mm bolt not long enough. Did you remove the bar end weights or did you procure a longer bolt?

·
Registered
469 Posts
He Tickster,

I purchased the the Barkbusters, part number STM-007-BK but found the 50mm bolt not long enough. Did you remove the bar end weights or did you procure a longer bolt?
Yes, remove the barend weights.

·
Registered
38 Posts
These are just some cheap handguards from Cycle Gear (I see they are on sale for $25 now; we may have paid more) but they are easy to put on and have them on my G310R and my wife's G310GS; on the GS had to move the mirror a little to make room for the bracket. They do help with wind protection and will help with bugs etc; they have holes in them but we just put some tape over the holes from the inside.

Attachments

·
Registered
469 Posts
Hey Tickster, I am looking for a hand guard mostly for weather protection and I am curious how the Barkbusters look on the bike. Would you mind posting some pics of it?

Thanks!
Greg,
Bikes back under cover in storage waiting for spring, if it ever comes here.
I do have the same pic as my profile pic in the vendor forum under the Remus heading.
Shows a bit of the handguards.
I have had the same ones before on another BMW, they were ten years old when I sold the bike and still
looked new, no fading etc.
Great protection from the elements as I prefer not use gloves unless it's quite cool.
What I liked was the shielding from rocks/pebbles, but most of all bugs, bees especially.
Those little guys hurt at highway speeds.:surprise:
Had to do a minor adjustment of the clutch and brake lever mounts, moved them in about a quarter inch for the levers
to clear the guards and that's it.

Reactions: gregtixa

·
Registered
106 Posts
Greg,
Bikes back under cover in storage waiting for spring, if it ever comes here.
I do have the same pic as my profile pic in the vendor forum under the Remus heading.
Shows a bit of the handguards.
I have had the same ones before on another BMW, they were ten years old when I sold the bike and still
looked new, no fading etc.
Great protection from the elements as I prefer not use gloves unless it's quite cool.
What I liked was the shielding from rocks/pebbles, but most of all bugs, bees especially.
Those little guys hurt at highway speeds.:surprise:
Had to do a minor adjustment of the clutch and brake lever mounts, moved them in about a quarter inch for the levers
to clear the guards and that's it.
Awesome! Thanks!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Barkbusters are overkill or should be fine with baby GS? I like them with DRL's and turn signal indicators, but will consider inputs from existing mini GS owners.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I love my Barkbusters Storm, keeps the wind and rain off.

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts