BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello... Not sure if there is a thread alreadt about this topic but Im about to order some handguards for my G310GS (cosmic black: this is important on the choice if the colour and material 馃槈 ) and the store in Ottawa, Canada is offering me 2 options . the BMW ones (which i didnt know existed) and the Barkbusters. I am not sure which ones to buy. the Barkbusters are a little cheaper but they don't look that great online...
The Barksbusters seams sturdier but may be a little bulky...
The purpose of installing those is more to protect my hands from the elements (wind and rain) since I have installed grip warmers.
Any one with an opinion on what I shouls pick.... style and comfort..
Thank you very much for your input !

Registered
I haven鈥檛 seen what the BMW hand guards look like, but I use the Barkbusters (BHG-069) with the Storm guards on my G310GS. They do a great job of protecting my hands from the Oregon elements, and should they ever encounter a hard object at speed, I bet I鈥檇 be happy to have them mounted. Style is a personal thing, and function overrides style for me every time. YMMV.

https://flic.kr/p/2cNQXcK

Registered
If you search for pictures you may notice that there are two different kinds of Barkbusters used for the G310. The BHG-069 is installed with the stock handlebar weights in place. RallyRaid product sell the BHG-152 to be used with a fat bar and no handlebar weights. I have had both. What I didn't like with the standard bar + BHG-069 is that the best protection of the VPS plastics wasn't aligned with my hand position. I think the Storm guards could be a better fit, or maybe using smaller bar end weights to bring the whole thing inwards.

Currently I have the BHG-152 and Renthal fat-bars. I like the new setup better and the VPS plastics are just where they protect my hands the best.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts