BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy Christmas from down under in NZ!

Here it is an absolute pearler of a day (means it's fantastic for those needing translation) - sunny, hot, and thankfully looking like a few clouds are floating in which should hold the temperature down a bit and make things more pleasant.

·
Registered
917 Posts
NZ Westie,
To you too, merry Christmas and a prosporous / happy 2018.

I envy your weather now because it's summer down under in NZ and here we are in the winter season.

Enjoy !

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I envy your weather now because it's summer down under in NZ and here we are in the winter season.
Don't be too envious Bas... :grin2:>:)

It's a real pain as some days it's been so hot that you're sweating inside your bike gear even riding at 100 km/h, and fingers sweating in to the lining of your gloves make them hard to get off when you stop to have an ice cream at the beach. :wink2:

But, honest truth, you see young guys riding in T shirts and shorts - they may be cool, but obviously don't think about the consequences of going for a slide with no clothing.

Also having to keep a constant eye out for patches of slippery melted tar seal - hard to clean spots off the bike too.

·
Registered
469 Posts
But, honest truth, you see young guys riding in T shirts and shorts - they may be cool, but obviously don't think about the consequences of going for a slide with no clothing
The saying goes, "Dress for the fall, not the weather".

·
Registered
917 Posts
We drove in the US several times and most (Harley & Gold Wing) riders were tanktops (beside jeans and white tennis shoes).
We wear our protective gear and sweat, sweat and sweat all the time but ........ I feel more comforable wearing my gear.
Once I start riding without it, I feel uncertain and drive like a beginner, not dare to lean in corners etc. etc.

Asking why they weren't wearing proper motorcycle (safety) gear, they answered that they didn't go down (Ya, shure ;-))

Hopefully they don't but if ................. this explains (partly ?) the high medical costs in that country ;-)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts