BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Always liked BMW, and while I can appreciate their fast cars, I just don't care about having a rocket underneath me when riding a motorcycle. I use it more for riding around town, not on the highway. Can't go that fast in Toronto traffic.

So I'm looking forward to getting to know this bike better, or else I may go to Ducati.

·
Registered
577 Posts
You won't really know until you've test ridden one. Don't count the g310r out yet.
Good point.

Riding a bike it what it comes down to. Too many of us are guilty of running with what we see on paper and going no further.

For all we know we might be content with the G310R and won't see a need to venture out to something better or what we thought would be.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Numbers alone should be able to indicate that especially when numbers compared to the G310R are distanced apart quite a bit, enough for what would be a noticable difference.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'd prefer a new bike since I would like the warranty and to hopefully evade any mechanical problems .

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i would say it's not a "bonus" but is perhaps a "luxury". After all, it's not like bikes have always come with such guaratees. I'm sure warranties aren't the same worldwide. I bet some places give no warranty or a really terrible warranty.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I don't understand how you guys are seeing warranty as a bonus or luxury, it's the easiest thing to understand, the fact i have to explain it is ridiculous, would you really buy a brand new product costing you well into the 5-figure range with little history to go off of and no coverage?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I do understand it thank you. I am merely saying that it is something we expect and that comes with nearly every new model but that wasn't always the case. Its good that a warranty has become standard at this point.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I do understand it thank you. I am merely saying that it is something we expect and that comes with nearly every new model but that wasn't always the case. Its good that a warranty has become standard at this point.
When wasn't it the case?
I can't imagine that being a timeframe even slightly close to being relevant in this discussion.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, I am not sure about how things work in every country, but I was thinking about that. And I also am okay with referencing periods of time that are perhaps for you irrelevant. maybe that is because of studying history a bit in university.

Sorry if you don't find the subject interesting or relevant.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Are you guys interested in the extended warranty? I've always felt like they are a cash grab, but then again you appreciate it when you do have to use it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I suppose if you know you will sell it before the extended warranty is needed there is no point. but let's just assume that you are going to keep the bike into the extended warranty period.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts