BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
I don't have neighbors and ride remote mountains - you will never be annoyed by my exhaust note.

Let me doubt about your assertion. Even in high remote mountains, noisy exhaust can be heard many miles away, and I assume you are certainly not alone in those remote areas : wildlife, and of course people searching for silence and tranquility...

·
Registered
469 Posts
Hi All,

Just regarding the exhaust.

I was informed that any exhaust change will void the warranty. Unless the exhaust or exhaust system is sold at the BMW dealership the warranty will be voided. This also goes for any accessory added that is not approved and may cause mechanical failure i.e. radiator guards, exhausts etc.

Conclusion from this is that while the bike is less than 2 years old and one wants to change things, do things such as tail tidy, rim stickers (if one wants), bar end mirrors etc but avoid anything mechanical.
No it will not void the warranty. It may void certain items covered under warranty but not all.
As I mentioned earlier, it MAY void some engine related parts from being covered. Valves, piston, etc.
IF it can be proven to be the cause of the failure. But changing your exhaust will not void the coverage on electrical, wheel,
brake, frame, etc. failures or defects.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hi. My bike is out of warranty but with only just having 4000km logged I have to ask......
Would putting an aftermarket exhaust which probably does NOT have a catalytic converter actually damage your engine??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi. My bike is out of warranty but with only just having 4000km logged I have to ask......
Would putting an aftermarket exhaust which probably does NOT have a catalytic converter actually damage your engine??

Nope, it will not hurt your engine in any way shape or form, the full closed loop F.I. will compensate for any additional fueling needs.

P.J.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I replaced Akra few days ago and got my inspection passed today. Now legal approved for riding in Singapore.
It passed emission and sound test as legal.

After exhaust replacement I have replaced sprockets to 16T-39T for better fuel economy as the torque is higher than original exhaust need to replace the gearing for better economy.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Revzilla sells the Carbon Fiber Akrapovic exhaust for $536.00 which is maybe 10% or less the cost of bike, Not 20%

You can also get for less from other dealers.

I do not know why you would even want to bother trying to modify the stock exhaust.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Revzilla sells the Carbon Fiber Akrapovic exhaust for $536.00 which is maybe 10% or less the cost of bike, Not 20%

You can also get for less from other dealers.

I do not know why you would even want to bother trying to modify the stock exhaust.
In answer to your last point, where I live (and this may well apply to other city areas also) it is ILLEGAL to replace your standard exhaust because of strict dB noise regulations. So people (me included), as much as we’d love to bolt on a carbon Akra system, are forced to consider ways to improve the (damn awful) sound coming out of their pipe!
I’m considering removing the end cap and drilling 1, 2 or 3 10mm holes around the top of the exit pipe. I’ve seen videos of the same mod done on a KTM390 and it makes it only slightly louder but gives a deeper tone!
Replacing the end cap will then hide your work from the eyes of any enforcers.
Anybody else tried this???

21 - 29 of 29 Posts