BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Headlight bulb went the other day on my G310R so I browsed for a new one and
thought I'd give these a try. I say these because you get 2 in a pack for under £13 (approx $17 US)
They are from eBay (UK) and they are titled: Osram Nightbreaker unlimited. My OEM bulb was a weakish yellow
and when I fitted one of these Osram bulbs, wow, what a difference, much brighter and whiter light.
I looked at proper LED replacements, =and will probably go that route, but to be honest, IMHO,
looking at them on YouTube, I found them to be noisy (the cooling fan) and didn't fancy cutting the OEM headlight
rubber boot for them to fit, and I thought the whole set up, was a bit cumbersome.
The light spread pattern on my bike now seems to be about the same both on dip and full-beam, dead easy to fit, 15 min job.
I am impressed. Just g****e Osram nightbreaker for your countries version of eBay.

Attachments

·
Registered
751 Posts
Headlight bulb went the other day on my G310R so I browsed for a new one and
thought I'd give these a try. I say these because you get 2 in a pack for under £13 (approx $17 US)
They are from eBay (UK) and they are titled: Osram Nightbreaker unlimited. My OEM bulb was a weakish yellow
and when I fitted one of these Osram bulbs, wow, what a difference, much brighter and whiter light.
I looked at proper LED replacements, =and will probably go that route, but to be honest, IMHO,
looking at them on YouTube, I found them to be noisy (the cooling fan) and didn't fancy cutting the OEM headlight
rubber boot for them to fit, and I thought the whole set up, was a bit cumbersome.
The light spread pattern on my bike now seems to be about the same both on dip and full-beam, dead easy to fit, 15 min job.
I am impressed. Just g****e Osram nightbreaker for your countries version of eBay.
they are brighter but not giving much more illumination on the road than oem. i tried them in the past, and I preferred the stock ones. LED is much more superior. go for Beamtech. they are fan-less and have similar light spread to to halogen bulbs. also they are very cheap.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thank you, I often travel in dark hours over the moors. I will definitely get some of these.
I'm not sure the difference Night Breaker and Night Racer - either way def better than original.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi, first post here! I had a pair of Auxbeam LED Headlight Bulbs NF-S1 Series and installed one in the wife’s bike. No fan and no cutting of boot. By disconnecting the heat-sink base from the bulb, one can install bulb, then boot, then base. The base remains external so it can cool properly. I use Auxbeam on all my vehicles. Good lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
751 Posts
Hi, first post here! I had a pair of Auxbeam LED Headlight Bulbs NF-S1 Series and installed one in the wife’s bike. No fan and no cutting of boot. By disconnecting the heat-sink base from the bulb, one can install bulb, then boot, then base. The base remains external so it can cool properly. I use Auxbeam on all my vehicles. Good lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yes, a good option. i prefer Beamtech personally, but there are so many options. now I have the full led headlight assembly which is much better, but it all depends on how much light you need.

·
Super Moderator
956 Posts
Even if you don't get an led headlight, I would recommend that you get yourself an led park lamp to make yourself more visible to others. The led park lamp is brighter and creates a very noticeable strobing effect in peoples vision when they move their eyes rapidly, while they might not register a headlight when quickly scanning, they are more likely to notice the strobing effect of the led park lamp.

Try the Philips 194 LED park lamp it has a t10 connection and costs around $20.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts