BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my bike for a year now. I am about to put together on this forum an article about my experiences, likes and dislikes and options that I bought for the bike. About the Headlight. I when I first got in was not at all happy with the effectiveness of this headlight. It wasn't styling it was performance. In my view a flashlight bought at wal mart for less than $10 would have done a better job. In attempt to improve performance I switched out the bulb for a LED H4 bulb. While performance improved it was not by much and I remained disappointed. I found out what the problem was. When I took delivery of the bike the headlight beam was never adjusted. I readjusted it and wow did that make a big difference. Also after doing much research on the subject I found out not all LED H4 Bulbs are equal. The one I would highly recommend (See Attached) is the BEAMTECH LED H4 sold at Amazon.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's plug and play and yes the boot does fit . You need to follow the installation instructions. Any questions you have let me know.
Also make sure you install the bulbs in the right position. See diagram below

Attachments

·
Registered
169 Posts
I've read many times in this thread about how LED needs adequate cooling, in your experience will there be any occurring problems or is it relatively safe?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There are two types of led bulbs on the market Fan and Fan less . The fan type are a more complicated design and are inherently prone to more failures than the fan less type. I use both kinds and never had any problems arise. I wouldn't worry about the heat factor as I never had nor expect any problems in this area and I talked to other motorcyclist and it wasn't a problem. If any of the bulbs were completely enclosed in a airtight environment then cooling design (HEAT DISSIPATION ) would become compromised and the bulb would fail. Hope this helps with your question.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had my bike for a year now. I am about to put together on this forum an article about my experiences, likes and dislikes and options that I bought for the bike. About the Headlight. I when I first got in was not at all happy with the effectiveness of this headlight. It wasn't styling it was performance. In my view a flashlight bought at wal mart for less than $10 would have done a better job. In attempt to improve performance I switched out the bulb for a LED H4 bulb. While performance improved it was not by much and I remained disappointed. I found out what the problem was. When I took delivery of the bike the headlight beam was never adjusted. I readjusted it and wow did that make a big difference. Also after doing much research on the subject I found out not all LED H4 Bulbs are equal. The one I would highly recommend (See Attached) is the BEAMTECH LED H4 sold at Amazon.
Could you please post the pictures of this Led bulb installed? How does the BMW dust cover of the regular bulb connect to the LED one?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Installed and tested

I was able to install this replacement LED for my 2019 G310R. Makes a ton of difference and it requires less amps and matches the LED DTR mod from Weiser.

The boot will fit, takes a bit of work to get it on. The corded plug comes out the top and plugs into the factor connector for easy removal. Tucks back in out of the way for easy closer.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Anyone here tried retrofitting a HID projector into the stock housing? The light quality would be fantastic but I'm worried the extra weight would make the headlight housing bounce too much.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi! Can u share how u adjusted the headlight?

Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
When I took delivery of the bike, the dealer SHOULD HAVE did a pre - delivery inspection to make sure everything was in order. They did not. ON the way home about 1/4 mile from the dealership the engine stalled only to find out there was no gas in the tank. After going back to the dealer again on the way home I was experiencing trouble with my electrical system. I went back to the dealer again come to find out that the battery needed initial charging which they failed to do plus the battery terminals were loose and needed tightening. Lessons learned if you want something done correctly never depend on other people. When I finally got the bike home, I noticed it was dangerously low on engine oil. The headlight was way out of adjustment. I looked at the owners manual which describes how to aim the headlight by hand. That made a world of difference. Hope this helps.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts