BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Yesterday I have discovered that my bike's headlight doesn't work.
First I tought that it was a problem with my H4 lamp and I've tried to replace it with a new one. Same problem.... the light does not show up.
I tried to push the high beam button and see if it works but nothing.. and then I've pressed the high beam flasher (see pic bellow). The high beam it's working but only when I press that button.
Do you think the problem comes from the light switcher or..?
Have you meet this kind of problem?
thank you:)

Attachments

·
Registered
324 Posts
It does sound like you have a main switch failure. If it were a wiring/fuse/lamp issue, you wouldn't get light when you press the "flash" switch.

Have you done anything that might have pulled on the wiring to the switch and maybe made a bad connection?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your answer.
No, I didn't do anything to the switch. I also thought that the rain or the water, when I wash it, could cause a damage or something, but I guess that this is less possible.
I will try to open the switch and see if there is any kind of rust there.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I would be talking with the Dealer, if possible - this is both a warranty and safety issue.

Washing the bike (or rain) shouldn't be an issue. At least not for more years than these bikes have been on the market.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey!
Yesterday was "The DAY". I solved the problem after 2 hours of "chasing" the main wires from the Headlight and from the Switch.
The problem was a conector located on the lef side of the bike, under the fuel tank. It seems like the main wires were not crimped so well. I've pushed them inside a little bit and checked if the conection is well closed and now, the headlight is working on the both, high beam and low beam.
Thank you MichaelJ for you kindness.

Attachments

·
Registered
324 Posts
The problem was a conector located on the left side of the bike, under the fuel tank. It seems like the main wires were not crimped so well.
Something to file away for future reference. Thank you for the update.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts