BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I'm Jp and I'm from Cape Town South Africa.
I'm starting the paperwork on a very low mileage G310R on Monday. 2019 model.

Anything i should look out for?
I know most brands and bikes have their issues, no brand is without the odd black sheep, but this one seem to be pretty solid, as long as you maintain them properly.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Ride safe.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I can't speak for the RSA, but in the U.S. there have been two G310R recalls that I'm aware of. The first concerned the side stand and possible failure, most likely resulting from sitting on the bike with the side stand down or from mounting the bike like one would mount a horse - neither being a sensible thing to do, especially on a small motorcycle. The second concerned what has been described as a "safety brake" issue, specifically rust accumulation which can impact proper brake operation. If there are others I've not heard of them to date. I would ask about those before completing your purchase.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much for the heads up Sir !
I've also seen some mention of the alternator not working that great and causing some to get stuck. May look at aftermarket battery and trickle charger combo.
its a 2019 model, maybe this was looked at already, one never knows tho !!
;)

·
Registered
229 Posts
I've not had any problems with my 2018 310R electrics thus far, and during the winter months the bike sits in storage at our summer home. It does stay connected to a Battery Minder Plus while in storage and has started and run without fail every spring when we return - so far. We stayed put this year because of the pandemic so next spring well have to see if it will start after two winters on the charger. Fingers will be crossed.

·
Registered
2019 BMW G310R, 2020 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650cc
53 Posts
I have a 2019 310R and my bike is normally connected to my Optimate battery tender when not used but as I am required to be shielding and self isolating my bike has not been used for six months. It will start that is what the battery tender is designed to do, the identified problem is with the alternator failing to supply enough or any charging voltage to the bikes battery whilst riding causing the bike to stop. A voltage test connecting a voltmeter to the battery and the readings should be within the range of the attached diagram. Voltage may be higher with ignition off and on if just been disconnected from charger!! I get 13.1

1 - 6 of 6 Posts