BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Folks

It's a little after midnight here in Los Angeles, and I can't sleep!
I just picked up my brand new Strato Blue G310R from the dealership this afternoon and my mind is full of thoughts and ideas around this bike!

I JUST came across this forum/site and IMMEDIATELY signed up!

I am looking forward to all the information that will help me as a new owner of these machines, and hope to make a few more friends on the way!

For now, I'll be lurking around reading up on as much as I can...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Nothing like the contentment of a new bike, the satisfaction of customizing it, and the thrill of riding it. Simply awesome. Stay safe in L.A.

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Welcome from a fellow-LA dweller. I've found my 310 great for this city. And this group is very active and fun.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Welcome! I'm in LA too. I'm always down for weekend rides - Malibu mountains, Angeles Forest, Mulholland Drive etc if anyone is interested in that kind of stuff also.

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Seems there are quite a few of us in the LA area - I'd be up for a weekend ride (in fact testerday did a Topanga loop). Does anyone know a convenient way to organize something like that (some sort of website to coordinare, propose days/times etc)? August and September I'm traveling unfortunately.

·
Registered
917 Posts
loka320,
welcome to the forum.
As kees mentiones, there a quite a few G310's in the LA area.
Great if you can get together and do some serious riding.
I wish …………………...

·
Registered
64 Posts
You can find rides on meetup.com. They're usually larger groups (10+ people) or at least that has been my experience. I know many rides start at the 76 gas station on Sunset and PHC, which is a good spacious gathering point and right next to the mountains.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I am in LA too and try to ride every weekend or 2. Most of the time I ride Malibu, Canyons and etc. One weekend I even went further and rode to Ojai, from Ojai to Santa Maria, Santa Barbara, Ventura...

Would be cool if we could do a 310 meetup in LA and go for a nice ride and maybe some food at Neptune's Net.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Welcome from the People's Republic of Texas. I remember reading in a medical journal recently - although that's highly unlikely - that a new motorcycle causes insomnia and can have a disastrous impact on your wallet. It's technically known as "accessoritis essentialis." :grin2::grin2::grin2:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts