BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone
I'm still awaiting my 2017 G310r to go through checking and servicing in the dealer workshop but am looking forward to riding a small light machine. I love my other bike (a Triumph Street Twin) which has loads of grunt at legal speeds and is a joy to ride; I just hope the tiddler BMW is as light and easy as it's reputation.
Bill

·
Registered
255 Posts
Welcome. In my opinion the little tiddler BMW is a joy to ride. It's light, nimble, responsive and adequately fast for day to day real world riding. Mine resides in central Maine, USA, where the roads are much like country roads in the UK and the little 310 is well suited to that environment. Motorway riding is something of a stretch but then it wasn't designed as a motorway screamer. As someone once said, "It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than it is to ride a fast bile slow." Perhaps the author had the 310R in mind when making that observation. Cheers, and enjoy!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Arion knows the score ...

... As someone once said, "It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than it is to ride a fast bile slow." Perhaps the author had the 310R in mind when making that observation. Cheers, and enjoy!
Welcome from the UK Bill Bailey! (THE Bill Bailey? :unsure:)

I can attest to the great amount of fun they are - having recently took my GS 1,500 miles up to and around the NC500 - up in Scotland earlier this year. It was cracking on those glorious windy bends. You can bank into those corners with conviction, while holding the revs so close to the limit, you know you're using every last bit that the bike has to offer. Maximum smiles per mile! While also nimble and light to climb through the intricacies leading up to Applecross.

After giving back a loan bike that was the BMW 850 GSA, and jumping onto my 310 GS, through the hustle of big, cut-throat UK city streets, I enjoyed the journey more so on the Baby GS.

Let us know how you get on.

All the best
🍬

1 - 3 of 3 Posts