BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2019 BMW G310 GS
52 Posts
Welcome. Congratulations on your new bike. Just be careful with those bags on the muffler side , if they flap they can touch the muffler and melt, also on the chain side they might catch the chain. You might need to add some kind of a rack to prevent them from flapping and ad a extra heat shield on the muffler.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea I’ve been watching them close. Rode about two hours today and all was good. I made the mounting plates for them and going to add a heat shield to the plate this weekend.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2019 BMW G310 GS
52 Posts
Great job with the mounting plates. Can you post more pictures of them?? And tell us how did you make them. I’m interested in the attachment points to the bike too. Thanks. I have something similar on my bike, but your are looking great.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Great job with the mounting plates. Can you post more pictures of them?? And tell us how did you make them. I’m interested in the attachment points to the bike too. Thanks. I have something similar on my bike, but your are looking great.
Yes I made them from 6mm aluminum plates that I had fabricated years ago for something else.
Wheel Tire Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting

I just cut them out with a circular saw and angle grinder. The pannier rack is sw-motech they were to small for the soft bags alone so I made the plates to make it more secure.
Tire Wheel Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting

1 - 9 of 9 Posts