BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

Hello from South Carolina, USA

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  1suffolkmare 
#1 ·
Hey guys. I have been eavesdropping on the forum for a little while. I am interested in buying a BMW 310gs but have not signed on the dotted line just yet. I have been waiting to see a gs in person, having seen the R near Atlanta a couple months ago while on a business trip. Hopefully I will make it to a dealership in the next couple weeks.

I have owned five bikes throughout the years and am currently riding a 99 Yamaha Roadstar 1600 cc cruiser. I'm sure that there will be a new learning curve changing to the BMW but I welcome the change. Major reasons for changing include: wanting to be able to ride around my rural property; always having wanted a BMW; and, most importantly, recuperating from ACL reconstruction surgery and a fractured tibial plateau which is really pushing me to want a much lighter bike.

For those of you who have owned a 650gs, how do you feel about the 310gs in comparison?

I look forward to learning on the forum.

#3 ·
Thanks for the welcome! I didn't even have the reason of a motorcycle crash for my injury. I managed to get mine by moving my beehives....on foot on the dovetail of a trailer and the other on a beehive stand. The stand flipped and the hive and I both went down, slamming my right leg into the ground. Not very glamous, but definitely unique! No stings, though.

#8 ·
Thanks for the welcoming posts. I finally got a chance to test ride the 310gs yesterday. I was quite a different ride than I'm used to but different in a good way. Zippy and agile. The dealer is supposed to be getting back with me today to let me know how long I'll have to wait for a red one. I'll keep you guys aprised of the progress.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.