BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stones and headlights don't mix, so a while back purchased their headlight grille. Very simple to install, but the instructions were unclear which way to install the rubber-bumper underneath the headlight glass. After a bit of fiddling around, decided that the large part should be up-top (curious to see what others decided btw!). Very well finished piece of kit, and looks "factory". Here's what it looks like close-up for the curious! :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have put two of these on 2018 and 2019 G310GS...the rubber damper plug goes in from the bottom as it is meant to act as an isolating 'base' between the OE plastic and the guard - cushioning and vibration/shock mitigation... This guard is hard to beat for simplicity, easy of installation and function. Bruce

·
Registered
8 Posts
I tried the bumper both ways, and through the bottom as described by Beemerbum is definitely the correct orientation - flat part down, pointy part up.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I used a product called Rock Guard, it's a clear plastic that sticks to the headlight. The plastic needs to be trimmed to fit or get it installed by an auto detailer. It and similar products are claimed to be effective against rocks, I have no idea how it compares to a grille.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts