BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im hoping to buy a GS in the next few weeks. I am very excited about this bike and have waiting to see one since BMW announced they were going to make it. This will be my first BMW but not my first motorcycle. I have owned five previously and currently ride a Yamaha Roadstar 1600cc cruiser.

BTW, I did a new member intro in the top of the forums. Not sure I put it in the correct place.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hey man, welcome to the forum. I'm also considering the GS as my first BMW bike. What about the GS has you wanting to transition from a cruiser? I've been leaning towards an ADV bike for the ergonomics, but I'd also like a bike with some utility as I ride dirt bikes.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah it's a transition alright. Reasons for picking the baby gs: I've always wanted a BMW; had acl reconstruction and don't relish pushing the >700lb dinosaur around; wanted to be able to ride around my farm and enjoy the trails I maintain every year for the horseback riding I HAVEN'T done for the past few years. I wanted a change of pace and this bike seems to check all the boxes. It should be at the dealer next week. I can hardly wait.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts