BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lurking here for awhile but bite the bullet today and put a deposit on the first 310GS received by the dealer but won't take delivery until spring, that's a long wait around here.
I've been riding a long time, currently riding a Cagiva Alazzurra and a Cagiva Elefant 650, the Elefant is more than I want to handle height and weight wise in my advancing years, hence the 310. I thought the gs might also be too tall but a sit test shows that it is tall for me but doable with the reduced weight. Roll on spring.

·
Registered
935 Posts
'Oldtimer' sounds so 1900's
You are as young as you feel (sometimes I feel like I'm 90 years old ;-)) but ..............................
Once I get on my G310R I feel very young again like the time I started riding motorcycles.

Back then I drove my side stand into the tarmac but on my latest BMW (F800ST) I didn't dare.
Now I'm getting back closer to the tarmac again and I know the beamer can.

The G310R is the bike for those who are young or for those who feel young again so 'oldtimer', welcome to the forum !

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've been lurking here for awhile but bite the bullet today and put a deposit on the first 310GS received by the dealer but won't take delivery until spring, that's a long wait around here.
I've been riding a long time, currently riding a Cagiva Alazzurra and a Cagiva Elefant 650, the Elefant is more than I want to handle height and weight wise in my advancing years, hence the 310. I thought the gs might also be too tall but a sit test shows that it is tall for me but doable with the reduced weight. Roll on spring.
How tall are you sir? Also placed my deposit on the gs but no definite delivery date yet from the supplier.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How tall are you sir? Also placed my deposit on the gs but no definite delivery date yet from the supplier.
I'm about 5'7", it's definitely not flat footing but doable. I did ask about the lower seat but it is about $500 and only gets you 15mm. If necessary I plan to cut the seat down myself but I don't think I will need too. I did try the 310R and I can pretty much flat foot that but it is not what I want, I already have a bike with the same mission.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello from Ontario Canada
Congrats on the first step to your purchase! I am considering getting 310GS as well. Did they tell you why the delivery is gonna be taking so long? Where are you purchasing it from?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello from Ontario Canada
Congrats on the first step to your purchase! I am considering getting 310GS as well. Did they tell you why the delivery is gonna be taking so long? Where are you purchasing it from?
I'm getting it from the dealer here in Edmonton, I could take delivery today if I wanted too It's sitting in the showroom right now. It's -16 here today, I will leave it there till spring.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have no idea how many of us there are, no meetup that I know of. There is the Alberta Dualsport forum if you're interested.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello fellow Albertan G310GS owners, Oldtimer.ca and GermanMachine. I am in Calgary. Took deliver of my 310 Aug 29, 2018 from the Edmonton dealer since Calgary had no stock. It's only up to a wopping 181km on the odo. Partly due to weather, partly due to the fact I don't have my cl 6 yet so have to coordinate rides with my 24 yr old son so he can babysit dad, (funny how life goes full circle.) This is the first bike I have owned that is street legal and first I have owned since 1988. That said I love the G310GS, it always puts a stupid grin on my face when I am riding.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts